[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ters, I need help in writing the introduction for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: cuck green.png (371 KB, 525x709) Image search: [Google]
cuck green.png
371 KB, 525x709
Hey /lit/ters, I need help in writing the introduction for some essay I have to do.
It says to write a hook with a build (and I don't know what to write about)
my thesis is

>When analyzing David O. Russell’s Silver Linings Playbook, the film breaks conventions of the typical romantic comedy, since there isn’t a typical love triangle and the dialogue isn’t mostly wit-like.

I'm not asking you to write the intro for me, I just want you guys to guide me in the right direction since you guys spend your lives wrting essays, thanks in advance
>>
>>7657720
Your thesis is terrible. Rewrite it immediately.
>>
Make sure to point out that you bow down to the Gods of Marxism and that you feel guilty for being white and male
>>
>>7657731
the prof said we can steal the formula for now.
I just use it to include the two criteria easily
although, I don't see how any other thesis would be different, they're all going to address that the movie goes or doesn't go by normal romantic film conventions
>>
>>7657720
Take out "when analyzing." That can be inferred.
What is a typical romantic comedy?
What is a typical love triangle?
Just dialogue?
Be more detailed in you thesis–the rest will follow
>>
>>7657720
silver linings playbook really doesn't break many conventions and it's also pure trash that entirely misrepresents mental illness
>>
>>7657750
here's what the prof told us to tackle
>>
>>7657756
>>
>>7657756
ok so literally go one by one down this list and say whether or not the movie adheres or rejects whatever trope

also >>7657754

fuck man
>>
>>7657756
>>7657758
Well, if you're confined to this formula, state in your thesis exactly what you're hoping to argue (why it's not conventional). State every reason why briefly, and then continue on to the body. The intro paragraph need not be too wordy
>>
>>7657767
>>7657764
One is obviously (triangle love)
>there isn't a typical triangle love
so something like
>there isn't a typical triangle love due to no competition by one of the competing parties
as for the second criteria
>and the dialogue isn't wit-like because it depends more on comedy
also, how do I go about the introduction
prof said there must be a hook with a build
he said to avoid "The typical romantic comedy is X Y Z..."
because its generic
he said to be unique, but I have no idea
>>
>>7657793
Start with something completely unrelated. Take a scene and claim it is very important and try to disect some symbolism from it. Then go on
>>
>>7657720
>film breaks conventions of the typical romantic comedy
maybe but that does not make it a good film on its own.

Get a better film or do your own homo work.
>>
>>7657804
so something like
>At the end of the movie, Pat Jr. and Tiffany kiss for the first time. This is scene is important because breaks conventions of the typical romantic comedy, where it is normal for the first kiss to be a quarter or half way the movie. This isn't the only element being not typical, there's also the cinematography and unique aspects such as caroussel shots brought up by the director David O. Russell himself. Although these are minor details, they're unique to film, and contribute to the overall uniqueness compared to other romantic films, but alone stand to make the film un-typical. That said, David O. Russell’s Silver Linings Playbook breaks conventions of the typical romantic comedy, since there isn’t a typical love triangle and the dialogue isn’t mostly wit-like.

this a good intro?

>>7657807
I wish I could, the other one is Moonrise Kingdom, but I'd rather the Silver
>>
GO for moonrise kigndom, slp is cringe incarnate and you will hurt yourself
>>
>>7657896
>implying descrbing the "Im hard" scene won't be cringe worthy
but srs, you think moonrise is better for the essay?
only think I can think about is typical boy meets girl scenario for the one of the criteria
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.