[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ I finished the first part of pic related sometime ago.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 413HGXT0H8L.jpg (23 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
413HGXT0H8L.jpg
23 KB, 333x500
/lit/

I finished the first part of pic related sometime ago. I've been meaning to finish the second part, but I couldn't get into the first part very much. Convince me to keep reading it.
>>
if you need someone to convince you to read it maybe you need a new hobby, since literature doesn't seem to be for you
>>
>>7657136
>implying that every time I reach the middle of any book I immediately throw up my hands in despair because I don't understand it.

Lol fuck off m8
>>
The second part wasn't written by Cervantes. Don't bother.
>>
>>7657147
yea, literature definitely isn't for you. try film or music or vidya.
>>
I'm reading it for the first time & it's pretty damn funny. Also it's not that long, so man up pussy. You want to read like a man or whine like a bitch?
>>
>Edith Grossman translation

Ohhh jeeeeezz...
>>
>>7657122
same, this kind of reddit-like humour about farting is awful, how anyone could enjoy this shit?
>>
>>7657122
>grossman
kek
>>
Maybe you shouldn't have read such a shitty translation
>>
You should try Dante's Inferno. The videogame. Because if you don't enjoy Don Quixote that might be more accessible for you.
>>
>>7657157
That translation is great.
>>
>>7657923
wew lad
>>
>>7657150
bait/10
>>
read Guzman De Alfarache instead, OP.
>>
>>7657122
part two is what makes it the dreaming dream
if don quixote only had part one it would not have been as famous
>>
>>7657174
I hope this is bait, it's a brilliant comedy.

>>7658779
That's objectively wrong, Part 1 became a huge hit as soon as it came out, already translated to like 4 languages and appreciated by the king.
>>
>>7658964
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7657150
the part when don q comes to his senses
>not important
stay /lit
>>
>>7659216
>quixote
>coming to his senses
suspension of disbelief ruined. part 2 confirmed for not canon, fanfic shit.
>>
>>7658964
without part 2, it would be a low-brow book already forgotten by the times
>>
>>7657122
I only convince women to suck my dick
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.