[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here who likes to write?, what can you recommend me to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Question-mark.png (35 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35 KB, 749x946
Anyone here who likes to write?, what can you recommend me to improve my creativity?
>>
Just go out and experience things, observe yourself and your surroundings. Do shit that challenges you. That will give you your own unique perspective and therefore content to write about.

Just dont fall into the trap of thinking the best & only way to creativity is by reading a shitload of books. Sure they can be a very good jumping point and provide good ideas to play with, and its good to read widely, but if you base your whole approach around absorbing other peoples work and ignoring your own life then you'll just be a lumbering memehive.
>>
Read more. Read different things in between reading. Do other different things that are different from what you usually do and experience things differently. This means branching out to music you've never heard, especially things your exgf considered "weird" and past that. You can be a spaz and read ten pages of one book then go to another of a different field or form of writing. Learn another language(highly recommend doing this, has all sorts of internal entertainment quality aside from the practical application. Try to get deeper into a math or science you're interested in. Be more attentive to the people around you. Don't let your mind stagnate. Like if you're waiting for the bus, form shapes in clouds, recite poetry, lip read the old man listening to an audiobook next to you. There's so much shit you can do mate.
don't listen to drug peddlers
>>
>>7650938
seconding that last line, too fucking important
>>
>>7650912
do whatever those guys do
>>7650932
>>7650938
and then don't sleep
then drink coffee, energy drinks, listen to quick paced mostly instrumental music, jazz, or mathrock whatever when writing
do strange things you would never do
>>
>>7651152
>and then don't sleep
>then drink coffee, energy drinks, listen to quick paced mostly instrumental music, jazz, or mathrock whatever when writing
:\
>>
>>7651152
I've never witnessed any effect of coffe on me. Is this a meme
>>
read books on writing
>>
Watch read n listen new shit new opinions even if you think u dojt understand a single word in the beginnin
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.