[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much does the cover of a book influence the way you read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: House_on_the_Borderland.jpg (131 KB, 333x509) Image search: [Google]
House_on_the_Borderland.jpg
131 KB, 333x509
How much does the cover of a book influence the way you read it? Are you willing to pay more for the same book but with a better cover? Are you more likely to read a book if it has an intriguing cover?

General discussion about the physical appearance of books
>>
>tfw only cover available is the movie adaptation one
>>
I dislike when books have pictures of the characters on the cover. Every reader will arrive at an idiosyncratic idea of what a character looks like within the confines of the author's description. To have a picture of the character is imposing someone else's interpretation onto yours before you even begin the book.
>>
>>7636021
I always thought that cover looks like a giant Christmas tree.

>>7636032
i feel your pain bro.
>>
>>7636032
>>7636055
Yeah, I much prefer the version I posted but I could not find it. The cover of the one I posted heavily affected how I visualized that part of the book. I am curious if it did the same to you
>>
>>7636034
I'll agree with that, but I do think having a representation of a character can be useful. When there is a character shown do you have trouble visualizing your own interpretation without the influence of the cover?
>>
I like books published in the 1970s best. The pages are the proper shade.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.