[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this actually any good? My friend said it was like if tabbed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: il.jpg (72 KB, 510x680) Image search: [Google]
il.jpg
72 KB, 510x680
Is this actually any good?

My friend said it was like if tabbed browsing wrote a book.
>>
read it and find out
>>
I liked it. If it seems like "the kind of thing you'd like" you probably will, but it has some dramatic highs and lows, jeez. I couldn't decide whether I was enjoying myself for most of the read. There are way too many tonal shifts and hooks in the plot to feel like one unified book. Some parts are good and some are bad, the problem is when it's good, it's really good, but it's brought down by everything surrounding it. You read a really good human character sketch segment followed by cringingly bad humor and absurdities that make it hard to care about anything. It is constantly changing its own rules and to no good effect, imo.
>>
It's fucking great Hagbard Celine is one of my favorite foctional characters ever.
>>
>>7627259
that's pretty pathetic considering he's literally a non-character and a talking head for the author's right wing politics
>>
>>7626572
>if tabbed browsing wrote a book
What does this mean?
>>
>>7627900
Browsing the internet with lots of windows open in tabs, switching between them fairly rapidly. So you get a paragraph here and there about one thing then others about something else.
>>
>>7627895
>for the author's right wing politics

They were both in the far left, what could possibly make you think this?
>>
>>7627908
because 1/3 of the book is explaining how laissez faire capitalism is the ultimate good and how 'actually right wing and left wing don't exist there's only control and freedom'

it's cringey, like some sad closeted libertarians trying to make friends with the hip kids
>>
>>7628021
You know that whole part was a test, right?
>>
>>7628021
You really didn't get the book, jesus christ.
>>
It's pretty complex you'll have to reread it at least five times.
>>
>>7626572
I liked it.
A light-hearted book
Read for loffs
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.