[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vollmann hasn't won the Nobel Prize for this yet? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
Vollmann hasn't won the Nobel Prize for this yet? I've given up on humanity.
>>
For Seven dreams in general?

Or for Dying Grass? It seems so fuckin huge. Is it good? How is it?
>>
>>7624905
Of course it's fucking good. It's just like 1100 pages.
>>
>>7624867
A good place to start? How are his shorter works?
>>
>>7624867
about 3 years ago when i was addicted to narcotics i bought a bunch of vollman's books incl. the 7 volume rising up and rising down set, haven't read any of it. this thread just reminded me that i did that.
>>
>>7625094
I'd say start with The Rifles if you want History Bill. 13 Stories if you want Prostitution Bill (which all Bill is).
>>
>>7624905
>>7625094
what the fuck is up with all you plebs not being ably to handle books over 500 pages?
>>
File: The_Tunnel(pic).jpg (26 KB, 220x335) Image search: [Google]
The_Tunnel(pic).jpg
26 KB, 220x335
Gass hasn't won the Nobel Prize for this yet? I've given up on humanity.
>>
File: 11850888_f248.jpg (21 KB, 248x256) Image search: [Google]
11850888_f248.jpg
21 KB, 248x256
>>7624867
Why didn't Tolstoy win the Nobel?
Why didn't Proust win the Nobel?
Why didn't Joyce win the Nobel?
Why didn't Chekhov win the Nobel?
Why didn't Nabokov win the Nobel
Why didn't Ezra Pound win the Nobel?
Why didn't Pynchon win the Nobel?
Why didn't Philip Roth win the Nobel?
Why didn't Virginia Woolf win the Nobel?
Why didn't Mishima win the Nobel?
Why didn't Umberto Eco won the Nobel?
Why didn't Delillo win the Nobel?

Because those Swedish fucks don't know shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x270
>Shakespeare never won the Nobel.
>>
>>7625645
What gives you that idea?

I'm not the exact fan of Vollmann (have read only The Atlas and it was fine, but nothing breathtaking); haven't read anything from Seven dreams series, I'm not an American and English isn't even my first language.

So I asked how is it; to know if it's worth getting and reading (and, possibly, what's good about it and why is it that good). Maybe a little bit of a discussion, you know.
>>
File: HungryCaterpillar.jpg (27 KB, 440x316) Image search: [Google]
HungryCaterpillar.jpg
27 KB, 440x316
Carle hasn't won the Nobel Prize for this yet? I've given up on humanity.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.