[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the answer to molyneux's problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 392x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 392x599
What is the answer to molyneux's problem?
>>
He needs to stop making promises he can't deliver on. Maybe make B&W3 or DK3 and not have them rushed to release. Fuck Fables and that stupid film making series. What was that about? Don't tell me, I don't want to know.
>>
>>7609682
kek
>>
File: penfieldh.jpg (14 KB, 252x274) Image search: [Google]
penfieldh.jpg
14 KB, 252x274
>>7609674
>molyneux's problem
idk.
But sometimes I like to play this game : see an unknown object far away in my room. Before, I used to think, "wtf is this?". Now, I play with it. I tell myself : this is surely an object that I know quite well, nothing mysterious. I'm just experiencing pure raw vision of that object under an unusual perspective.
I tell myself : in a few seconds, you'll guess what that object is, and then, not only will every angle make sense, you'll also have in your brain an idea of the hidden angles, and the function.
I try hard to remember what I'm seeing when I can't tell what I'm seeing, because I know that as soon I will identify it, it will be impossible to see it purely anymore, the concept (or percept) of it will be unforgettable.

Also, in such cases, I used to be annoyed quickly, and instantly get closer, or move my head left and right to get a better 3D view.
Now I don't move, and play a guessing game : what fabric? what purpose? what hidden angles? etc

Then suddenly the concept comes (like when you identify the duck or the rabbit) (duck_rabbit.jpg), and I laugh about all the weird theories I had made. How far I was from the answer.
Then I take some time to ponder about vision and objectivity, knowing that most things I see, I see the concept, not the thing in itself.
Quite like reading : when you read this, you don't see the letters. Only children do. You only see the forms. But you will see the letters of homunculus, or shsoggforgtace, because these are unusual words.

What is the answer to Molyneux's problem?
idk
I guess he'd have to learn to recognize a cube and a sphere.
Because when I see something, I don't know what it will smell.
But of course it would depend on a lot of things, like if you explain to him what a cube looks like, or not.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.