[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books on narcotics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Drugs In Pages.jpg (1 MB, 1096x1876) Image search: [Google]
Drugs In Pages.jpg
1 MB, 1096x1876
Can we get a druggy thread going? What's /lit/ currently high on? I just smoked the last of the lemon haze I bought just after Christmas.

Currently reading True Hallucinations by Terence McKenna, a book which surprisingly touches on botany, linguistics, and sociology/socio-biology. It's also just plain fun, how the people in the book tramp through the Amazon Rainforest whilst tripping on all sorts of drugs. They meet mechanical transdimensional elves, UFOs, gods and goddesses, and the very nature of Time Itself. Definitely worth a read even if you like straight-up adventure stories.
>>
I can't wait for weed to go the way of cigarettes; friends and family patronisingly telling you to quit, people looking at you annoyed when you stink up the pavement, being asked to leave the room to Indulge in your filthy habit because cracking the window open just isn't enough.
>>
>>7608572
Get bent, square

Drugs books

Pharmako/Poeia
Pharmako Gnosis
Pharmako Dynamis
By Dale pendell

Doors of perception- Huxley
Game of life - Leary / Wilson
Tmac's stuff.

The pharmako series is top notch
>>
>>7608716
Oh I should endorse pihkal and tihkal as well.
>>
>>7608546

Morphine, 30mg, p.o.

I have yet to find excellent drug literature. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a wild ride and enjoyable read, but you're an insufferable idiot if you interpret it to be primarily about drugs - it isn't. Much in the same way Moby Dick isn't primarily about ships.

Junkie was passable and by no means bad, just not particularly profound. Morphine, by Bulgakov was engaging and interesting - the short story format it is written in ensures the subject matter doesn't end tedious, trite and repetitive - a great pitfall when it comes to drug literature.

I've never read McKenna, Leary or other drug 'philosophers' - my strong impression is that they're inane at best, batshit insane at worst.
>>
File: 1440070524781.jpg (51 KB, 550x359) Image search: [Google]
1440070524781.jpg
51 KB, 550x359
>>7608546

le morality man dissaproves of your degenerate behaviour, OP.
>>
>>7608798

Why do you think he hates freedom?
>>
>>7608798

And why should anyone care about the opinions of some little sensationalist journo?
>>
>>7608546
tbqh I found "True Hallucinations" to be kind of lame and a disappointment. The only other McKenna I've read was FOTG which at least felt like it was worth reading and not a waste of time like TH. The mushroom-DNA-soundwave stuff was nonsense.

>>7608767
If you are interested in the classic psychedelics like acid and mushrooms and plan on using them or continuing to us them then "The Psychedelic Experience" by Leary and some of his pals is interesting and worth checking out.
>>
Gnostic Media podcast.
>>
Prometheus Rising
>>
soma
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.