[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell if this premise works for a story, or is too cheesy: an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: cfd.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
cfd.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Tell if this premise works for a story, or is too cheesy: an Orthodox girl is very close friends with this gay guy in high school, and basically he's drawn toward the Church after talking with her, but he ultimately rejects it because he thinks it's wrong to for God to make some people oriented one way and say that sex for them is okay, but orient others the other way and say they can't have sex because of it. So the girl makes a promise to him that she will never have sex to share his burden, if he will consider getting baptized, which he finally does. And basically, the story is about the two of them growing very close and struggling with that for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>7607530

I've been the gay man in this story, and while not too common, I know of three other people doing the same thing. Write it, by all means.
>>
>>7607530
boring as shit. would not read.
>>
>>7607530
Seems good enough to me. What really matters is how you develop the characters and where you take the story.

Get writing OP. I think the premise has the potential.
>>
>>7607530
Here is the ending: they grow up and apart. The man hold his promise but the girl grows up and gets married. He kills himself.
>>
>>7607604
b e a u t i f u l
>>
>>7607614
It's the next "The Vow". It sounds to me that OP is going for the big money. Not quality.
>inb4 y not bouf
>>
>>7607530
could maybe be interesting if you contrasted how non-inclusive orthodox culture is with how inclusive LGBT culture is.

To be honest though, I would never read this.
>>
>>7607620
Orthodox culture isn't inclusive?
>>
>>7607620
>could maybe be interesting if you contrasted how non-inclusive orthodox culture is with how inclusive LGBT culture is.

stay spooked f a m
>>
>>7607530
but anon, homosex is a choice
>>
>>7607641
Not anymore than liking or not liking brocolli
>>
>Orthodox
>culture

>Neither same-sex marriages nor civil unions of same-sex couples are allowed in Russia. In July 2013, Patriarch Kirill, the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, of which approximately 41% of Russians are adherents,[17] said that the idea of same-sex marriage was "a very dangerous sign of the Apocalypse".[18]
>>
>>7607656
Even the ancient Greeks would think gay marriage is retarded.

Literally just: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTZJ8EFgpk
>>
>>7607649
>Homosexuals are children that have to be forced to eat their vegetables
>>
>>7607676
>forcing
What are you talking about, bro?
>>
>>7607671
This is why Russia will always be looked at as culturally backward. I'm just telling it like it is.

>We don't need Europe, we will go our own way!
>Ukraine I'm serious, don't even think about political autonomy
>P-p-please don't join NATO Montenegro
>Help, the West is oppressing us!
>>
File: 5646546.gif (1 MB, 341x331) Image search: [Google]
5646546.gif
1 MB, 341x331
>>7607530
sounds like something depressed nicolas sparks would write
>>
>>7607530
Literally any premise can work.

It's just about your ability to write about it and extrapolate it into a full work.
>>
>>7607620
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>7607530

I like it. I would actually read that if I saw the synopsis on a book jacket.
>>
good work Op, just give it an appropriate title
>>
File: 4.jpg (73 KB, 600x1040) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
73 KB, 600x1040
>>7607685
>it's backward to not have gay marriage
What marriage means to them is very different from what marriage means to the West, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have gay marriage.
>>
>>7607850
"To Live and Die a Virgin", is what I was thinking of
>>
I like it a lot OP as a gay man converting to Catholicism

Write it
>>
>>7607530
there three moments in the life of the woman
-the virgin
-the non-virgin and non-menopausal
-the menopausal

-the virgin wishes only to lose her virginity, since she knows, form observing other girls, that there will always be one man more devoted, than others, to her.

-the non-virgin and non-menopausal woman loves to spread her legs and understand that most men will forever seek to please her at least sexually. this woman wants also status, so men from whom she does not expect sexual pleasures nor fun will only be allowed to comfort her

-the menopausal attempts to be the free spirit that she was right after loosing her virginity. she clings to her past hedonism, but, of course, far fewer men are willing to provide for her. she tries to spread her legs even wider than her previous state, in order to feel like a woman again, but it does not last long. she becomes more epicurean than hedonistic, but she remains mediocre.
>>
>>7607604

Suicide is kinda played out and cliche in literature by now. I wouldn't do it.

I think it's more likely the guy tries a hetero marriage.
>>
>>7608395
I think that'd given an uncomfortable ex-gay vibe that's unecessary. Unless it were handled well, or the marriage ended disastrously and he realized he couldn't lie to himself or something. I think it might be a more interesting evolution to have a gay character pursue a pious chastity.
>>
>>7607862
So, marriage is a whole different machine back there? Enlighten me on the whole aspect. Does the machine have seven wheels instead of four? No seriously do enlighten me jokes aside.
>>
>>7608501
Marriage to them is an institution based on a union of the sexes. The idea of a man marrying another man would make no more sense than a man marrying himself.
>>
>>7608501
It's a sacrament in Christianity and an institution in law, making it legal makes as much sense as equating possession and ownership.
>>
>>7608501
if you get married...
but you won't, because you're gay, and "liberated"
but if you would, then you would understand
>>
>>7608510
>>7608514
Of course, thanks.
>>7608518
"liberated" okay

Thank you all for allowing me to see this in a better point of view. Appreciate it.
>>
>>7608518
BTW I never said I'm not getting married to a woman, or or admit being gay at all, not that you know me personally or anything.
Your assumption is inane, and presumptuous , but I get the idea on why you say it, easy to misinterpret.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.