[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
burroughs/mind-fuckery general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: nova_express.us.grove.1964.jpg (68 KB, 471x700) Image search: [Google]
nova_express.us.grove.1964.jpg
68 KB, 471x700
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>7606213
a gigantic shitpost
>>
It is the third book in the Nova Trilogy.
Maybe start with The Soft Machine?
>>
>>7606260

This, the soft machine is actually quite good as well. Make sure to read naked lunch first though
>>
>>7606213
There's a pretty good run down of Nova Express here: http://realitystudio.org/scholarship/riding-the-nova-express/

Even if it focuses mostly on his stylistic choices and feats.

The plot of Nova express is quite simple. Intergalactic battle between species, with thye Nova Mob trying to blow up the earth through escalation of conflict. One of the top bad guys is Mr. Bradley who runs the grey room, in which reality is forged.

On the other end of the scale you have the Nova police, which is an agency that concerns itself with infiltrating the Nova Mob.

One of the chapters (towers open fire) describes the reality warfare in which bombs are made of out prerecorded images.

A lot of the ideas set forth in Nova Express are quite prophetic if you ask me. He pretty much describes the cultural decline of the late 20th century, and it's mechanisms.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.