[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there right-wing surrealism worth reading? Is there fascist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: gmonbozia.jpg (4 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
gmonbozia.jpg
4 KB, 260x194
Is there right-wing surrealism worth reading? Is there fascist surreal literature?

I've been told fascists saw it as an aberration as a general rule. But I imagine there must be something interesting out there. I am not looking for anti-communist surrealism, like I found in Bulgakov because that seems to be very easy to find.
>>
anything
>>
why are you such an edgelord
>>
>>7601204
>fucking replying to me when you have nothing to contribute to the thread

never do it again
>>
>>7601209
>david lynch fanboy and a neo-con hothead
whew,
>>
>>7601215
It must be a difficult life when any mention of fascism makes you squeamish and sweaty. I guess picture was related after all........IT'S YOUR'S.
>>
>Is there right-wing surrealism worth reading?
Is there 'left-wing' surrealism worth reading???
>>
>>7600828
>Is there fascist surreal literature?
That sounds unlikely.

Surreealism: no, because the movement was (sadly) inherently political.
>>
Ezra Pound

Also, the entire Futurist art movement although I'm not sure if they produced any worthwhile literature.
>>
>>7601565
Louis Aragon's Paris Peasant is the only thing I can think of.
>>
>>7601722
>>7600828
"The Fascist Manifesto" Marinetti
>>
>>7603412
*Futurist
>>
Surrealism is leftist
>>
>>7603416

This.
Surrealism was also a political position of leftist tendencies (that was never taken seriously by more widespread political movements, as Communist Parties).
Closest you will get to what you are looking for is authors that started as surrealists and ended up being collaborationists,

I can only think of Drieu de la Rochelle.

Also, Breton kicked out Robert Desnos of the group because of his individualism. Desnos was not fascist at all (as a matter of fact, he died at a concentration camp) but he certainly was against orthodox Surr. just as Bataille, Prévert and many of the founder members.
>>
>>7601722
Yeah I think futurism is as close as you'll get
>>
The Decadents and Symbolists were precursors to the Surrealists; both held bourgeois mores in contempt.
>>
Marinetti wrote a fuckton of funny shit but I think it's all in Italian
>>
File: Surreal_literature.jpg (1 MB, 1697x2599) Image search: [Google]
Surreal_literature.jpg
1 MB, 1697x2599
>>7601565

Many of these are good. There is a mix of political influence in these but that's not really important.
>>
File: 1453034307430.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1453034307430.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>7601204
>>7601215
>getting bothered by fascism
>on 4chan

rethink your life and then kill yourself you dumb fucking cuck
>>
Anything by Alex Jones or David Icke
>>
>>7600828
No, fascism produces very little art worth considering because it desperately tries to reproduce the art of the past by definition. The only exception is futurism, which wasn't great in retrospect anyway.
>>
>>7604323
Futurist poetry is pretty rad.
>>
>>7604171
Pedro Paramo, Maldoror, and The obscene bird of night are the only ones on there ive even heard of.
>>
>>7604323
this is silly
>>
>>7604362
Prove them wrong, then. What are some examples of good fascist literature?
>>
>>7604372
the claim was art not literature
>>
>>7604381
So provide some examples of good fascist art.
>>
>>7604449
Triumph of the Will
>>
>>7604381
>literature isn't art
>>
>>7604372

Apes of God is good.
>>
File: image.gif (13 KB, 200x111) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
13 KB, 200x111
>>7601241
Mfw someone mentions fascism
>>
>>7601565
Niqqa must be mad cus he found out og surrealists were marxists

anyway, Borges wasn't exactly a surrealist, but he sure was right wing
>>
>>7600828
As mentioned, the surrealist movement was explicitly marxist. But there is plenty of literature that qualifies as surreal without being adhering to Andre Breton's circlejerk.

refer to
>>7604171
for an overview of non Breton-ish surrealism (folow the colored dots).

Boris Vian is a good example of brilliant surreal literature that explicitly distances itself from marxists dogma. But he is in no way fascist.

There are works predating the movement which contain fascistoid elements- mainly Maldoror, wich with it's exploration of rampant misanthropy and egomania is the perfect book for teenage edgelords.
>>
>>7604372
D'Annunzio
>>
>>7603416
Surrealism doesn't have a political orientation, ya dip.
>>
>>7604372
D.H. Lawrence and Knut Hamsun both held right-wing views, neither were fascist or surrealist though.
>>
looking up Bataille to see if he had right-wing views, I found this

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228020497_Left_Fascism_Georges_Bataille_and_the_German_Ideology
>>
>>7606200
that Foucault quote...
why fight it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.