[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom. html Pic shows how to s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: lit-Greeks.png (44 KB, 715x877) Image search: [Google]
lit-Greeks.png
44 KB, 715x877
http://sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html

Pic shows how to start with the Ancient Greeks, including various second-hand sources to help you understand the works better.
ITT: we create equivalent charts for other parts of Bloom's Western Canon.
>>
File: lit-startGreeks.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
lit-startGreeks.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
>>7593352
Posted wrong pic, meant to post this:
>>
Why is /lit/ so obsessed with the greeks?
>>
>>7593456
Because all works of literature is built on other works of literature, and the Greeks are basically the best starting point for unravelling this entire fucking mess.
>>
>>7593456
Because, imagine you're in a science class and before you know what an atom is you try to study the Krebs cycle, or thermodynamics. You need to build a bar for yourself.
>>
>>7593352
The guy who made that webpage is missing Thomas Gray, but he's the only one in Bloom's list that the page is missing.
>>
>>7593352
can anyone else vouch for Ancient Greece- a Political, Social and Cultural History as a good starting point?
>>
>>7593644
I can't, sorry, but I will tell you that aquiring it is a pain in the arse. No torrent site I can find has it, it's going for between £30-£45 on ebay, and amazon, and I can't figure out how to use bookz.
>>
>>7593644
>>7593847
Just get the brief history.
>>
Charting the canon's a good idea.
>>
>>7593879
Thank you, now would you actually care to recommend something to go with the list on the chart?
>>
>>7593644
I used it for a class along with Greek Art and Archaeology, it's pretty good.
>>
>>7593456
Read some and find out.
>>
>>7593847

>30-45lbs

its a textbook you parsimonious pleb. be happy you can get the fucking lecture for free.
>>
>>7594672
"Get the fucking lecture for free", is this online or do you mistakenly believe that Uni is free in the UK?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.