[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Childhood books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: educational-clipart-McLMeBEca.jpg (33 KB, 420x364) Image search: [Google]
educational-clipart-McLMeBEca.jpg
33 KB, 420x364
I'm desperate /lit/. I've been trying to remember the name of one book since 5th grade (College Freshman now). I have spent many nights since 7th grade trying to find it, the cover art is burned into my head but I just can't make the connection. If anyone is able to help, you will be in my gratitude.

>The book was black. Small dimensions.
>Cover art depicts a boy, possibly curled up and possibly holding something.
>White art on black background
>There is a red sun
>He is part of some kind of tribe/nomads
>His mother has gone missing, it's his internal conflict
>They live in a camp with walls
>Something is wrong, something about the sun consuming the world

I can only say thank you now. It has been utter hell racking my brain for a clue. I don't even care if it was shit, I just know it connected with me.
>>
>>7592260
5th grade, you say?
Probably Das Kapital by mentally ill Karl Marx.
That's what they're trying to teach kids these days, and its babbies first political interest. When you grow up a bit youll realize capitalism is great for you
>>
OP here, I found it. Shadow of the red moon.
>>
File: wellmemed.jpg (63 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
wellmemed.jpg
63 KB, 680x583
>>7592280
>>
Since this thread already exists, I'll put my question here. I've asked other places with no luck, so maybe you guys can help.
When I was a kid, I read a book of short scary stories. There's only one story I remember from it, and I'd love to see it again: It's about a kid whose family frequently has the dad's boss (he might've just been a coworker or friend, but I think he was the dad's boss) over for dinner. The boss is friendly and nice, and he always gives the kid some jellybeans when he visits. (The jellybeans are a minor detail, but I remember that bit specifically.)
But every time he visits, the parents send the kid up to bed early before the boss leaves. One night, the kid sneaks back downstairs and peeks into the living room, and he sees that the boss looks utterly satanic (I think he has horns, and he MIGHT have been sitting in a floating chair), and the parents are doing some ceremony around him.
I think the kid faints and then the story ends eerily, without a proper resolution.
As I recall it's a very short story, but it obviously stuck with me. I don't remember any other stories from this particular book for certain, but this one story makes me wonder if the others were similarly weird. Don't recall anything about the cover or binding, sorry. This book was probably rather old, since I had gotten it from a library that had a lot of old books (like "Boris Karloff's Tales from the Frightened"). Any ideas?
>>
>>7592348

How the fuck did you find it so quickly after making this thread if you've been searching for like 8 years for it
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.