[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I have yet to read: >Les Miserables >War and Peace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1396922889279.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1396922889279.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>tfw I have yet to read:
>Les Miserables
>War and Peace
>In Search of Lost Time
>The Brothers Karamazov
>Ulysses
>Gravity's Rainbow
>The Recognitions
>Infinite Meme
>The Holy Bible

>tfw I will eventually have to tackle each one of these massive tomes

Sometimes I feel like the NEET life would be so much easier.
>>
You're young and just starting out. You have plenty of time.
>>
If you read two hours a day you could read every single one of these this year. Don't be a faggot. I work full time go to the gym 4x a week, and I still read a book every three days more or less.
>>
>>7588321
How do you know I'm not a middle aged man who may have pancreatic cancer?
>>
>>7588317
>tfw I will knock out at least half of these in the coming year
>tfw I will also crush through a ton of history in the meantime

But I'm still panicking because I'd like to read some stuff in its original language, and my commitment to locking down the languages I kind of know, and learning another, is almost nonexistent, even though I know I have the time and ability to achieve reading proficiency in 5-6 modern languages.

>tfw haven't read Dante in Italian
>tfw haven't read Hugo in French
>tfw haven't read Dostoevsky in Russian
>tfw haven't read Goethe in German

Fuck.
>>
>>7588333
It's not at all finding the time to read that's hard, I read 2 1/2 to 3 hours a day on average. It's just that I already have a general outline of a bunch of stuff I want to read through this year and it's gonna be hard to fit even one of those into my reading schedule.
>>
>>7588336
Because only a whiny teenager would complain about being this under read, yet still view reading as a chore

>>tfw I will eventually have to tackle each one of these massive tomes
>sweating pepe.jpg

You should be excited you idiot.
>>
Don't worry about it anon, you can get most of these done this year.

Just spend two hours a day reading like the other anon said. Do you play video games? Do you waste time on 4chan? Instead of wasting your hours doing that, spend it reading those books.

Doesn't even have to be two hours if you don't feel like reading for that long. Just make it 30 pages a day, completely doable. Just don't rush it, or you won't understand what you're reading and all that will go to waste.

But if you have cancer or someshit, I suggest you do things you never got to do in life instead of sitting at home reading books.
>>
I wish I had a 9-5 office job instead of studying full time so I can come home, not have to worry about anything, and just spend the time reading as much as I want before going to bed.
>>
>>7588355
I guess I used a poor choice of words for the OP since I'm not at all weary to read through the books on the list, actually I am pretty looking forward to most of them when I get to it. It's mostly just what I said in>>7588354 that nerves me. Although I partially take that back as I really only have up til late August figured out and I might be able to read one those in the fall.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 325x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 325x217
>infinite meme
>Pynchon

You do realize these aren't canon, right? They're just stupid 4chan memes.
>>
>>7588372
Is that why they're so highly regarded outside of 4chan?

You stupid memester.
>>
>>7588372
V., Crying of Lot 39 and Gravity's Rainbow are on Bloom's Western Canon.
>>
>>7588357
I've been trying to cut back on my wasted time and reading more. Went from reading 10 pages every other day, to 10 a day, to 20 a day, now I read 30-50 a day. Trying to get 100 today before I sleep. I'm NEET though so really I should be reading even more.
>>
>not looking forward to it

wew lad
>>
>>7588367
Also this. While you generally get a decent amount of free time during the day as a student, there are plenty of nights where you end up having to take a break from your reading schedule to focus on homework. Then there are always weeks where you have a coupe exams or big papers due and that really fucks shit up.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.