[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you written a book yet, /lit/? What's your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: participation award.png (13 KB, 538x683) Image search: [Google]
participation award.png
13 KB, 538x683
Why haven't you written a book yet, /lit/? What's your excuse?
>>
All in good time, my dear boy. All in good time.
>>
more like patricipation award
>>
>>7581769
Because I'm a shitty derivative writer
>>
>>7581820
This. I got 60 pages into one novel and felt it was too obvious a ripoff with nothing original to say. I have SOME confidence in my writing. I just need the right idea for a novel to come along .. in the meantime keeping myself sharp writing poetry and fiction fragments daily
>>
I have to live first.
>>
I already did.
>>
>>7581769
I did, 65,000 words of coherent prose. Then I put it away and started over from scratch.
>>
I am, 492 pages in, 2 chapters to go, I feel like the first act is a little slow but the second and third act will compensate it.

>>7581782

What is it about?

>>7581829

Was 60 pages about what?

>>7582065

Why did you put it away?
>>
All I think I could write earnestly is one of those wandering young person bildungsromans and I feel like they've been beaten so far past death nobody would care to read what I wrote
>>
I need to get a writing habit going. That, and read a lot more. And find the correct voice in which to tell each story. But I'm working on it, I swear.
>>
>>7582227

No you're not, fucking liar.
>>
>>7582089
I put it away because it wasn't good enough. Writing novels is different from short fiction, and I needed more practice in the whole process.
>>
File: 1418447073347.png (218 KB, 450x498) Image search: [Google]
1418447073347.png
218 KB, 450x498
>>7582316
I am, I have almost 30k words of different shit lying around on just the computer. I know that isn't shit and I need to edit and edit some more, and yeah, I'm a lazy bastard, but like I said, my main problem is getting a writing routine and just write when I'm "inspired".
>>
File: 1444693605935.png (568 KB, 600x1049) Image search: [Google]
1444693605935.png
568 KB, 600x1049
>>7582402
*and not just write
>>
>>7582409

teehee...honore de balzac...

get it?

honor the ball sack?

get it?
>>
just finished writing my second one.
>>
>>7582409

>Honore de Balzac

Goes to bed at 6? Wakes up at 1? You live in Paris. Why? What are you? Some sort of faggot?

>John Milton

Exercising for 3 hours a day? I don't think so. I've seen paintings of you, John. You'd be fucking jacked. Quit lyin' about your gains, homie.

>Voltaire

Only eat 1 meal a day and sleep 4 hours a day? I don't think so pal. Zombie. And don't pretend I didn't notice you have a wank at noon.

>Ben Franklin

Based. Always based.

>Immanuel Kant

As in, Kant be creative worth shit?

>Beethoven, Flannery O'Connor, Hugo, Strauss

Wake. The Fuck. Up.

>Le Corbusier

Beatin' off is not exercise Corbusier. You're not fooling anyone.

>Darwin

What the fuck, dude? Chill.

>Tchaikovsky

Go sit in the corner and think about what you could have accomplished if you worked a little harder.

>Kafka

You're a weird dude, Kafka. Never change, bro. Never change.

>Picasso

I expected weirder from you. Then again, no I didn't. You've been a poseur from day one.
>>
>>7582402
>I am, I have almost 30k words of different shit lying around on just the computer.
Nice way of looking at it. You just got me to throw all my shit together and see how many words/pages my unfinished projects add up to. Feels kind of good actually. Maybe I'll kill myself and have one of my English profs publish this mess as a visionary short story collection.
>>
I'm trying, but I dread it not being good enough and subsequently being chastised by both this site and people across the Internet
>>
I used to pretend that I knew my work wasn't good. I used to pretend that everything I did was just practice. The truth is, I'm terrified of showing my work to anyone. Only two people in my life know I take writing seriously, and I've never even shown any of my work to them. And this thread is /r9k/ as fuck and now I feel like shit for answering. And I should.
>>
>>7581769

I've written three books and they were all trash of the most worthless kind.
>>
Don't have the time, don't have the ability, don't have the will to actually let other people read it and I prefer writing critique.
>>
My book has more than 300k words, is it too much? Should I just split it?
>>
>>7582409
>only one on the list is a practictioner of polyphasic sleep
>it's Kafka

Could've guessed
>>
who says i havent, nigger
>>
>>7582409
O'Connor's fukken doing it right
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.