[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that we officially know that GRRM isn't going to finish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1428828940018.jpg (277 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1428828940018.jpg
277 KB, 890x890
Now that we officially know that GRRM isn't going to finish TWOW before the tv series airs the content, is anyone actually going to care about the books?

I honestly don't think he has it in him to finish the series.
>>
>>7580310

I'm just treating them as two separate things at this point with the TV show being an alternate take on some events.
>>
>>7580310
>/lit/
>GoT meta discussion
Thank you for ruining the board, plebbitors.
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (93 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
93 KB, 717x880
>>7580310
>Is anyone going to actually care about the books?
Well not me.
>>
>>7580310
Who gives a fuck about this fat asshole and his terrible genre fiction?

Fucking hell, off yourself.
>>
>>7580323
After all the main plot events are spoiled by the series, which they will be, I'd imagine there's few people who are going to care when and if GRRM releases the final book 10+ years from now. There's no way to not get them spoiled before he releases the final book unless you stay off the internet for a decade
>>
Why would it actually matter? If you read the books and care that much then just don't watch the show. Just because something happens 'before' doesn't magically ruin the contents of the book.
>>
>>7580327
u ok?
>>
>>7580310
>>>/tv/
>>
>>7580327
Im watching the series and i like it...
>>
>>7580334
stop hanging around on clickbait pop culture I Fucking Love Science reddit websites: no spoil
>>
>>7580334
>GRRM releases the book 10 years from now
>implying this fat fuck will be alive 10 years from now
>>
>1
Go talk this shit to /tv/. Don't come to the literature board to discuss not reading, that's idiotic.
>2
Reading for plot is for plebs, there is a limited number of interactions and if you really read enough you'd get used to all of them quick enough.
>3
Yeah, because people no longer but Harry Potter books, they don't keep printing them a decade after it was finished.
>>
not literature, off-topic thread.

MODS
>>
>>7580320
>waa waaaa stop liking what i dont like waaa
>>
>>7580310
It actually gladdens me to see threads like this. You've literally polluted your mind with this shit to the point where you bother going on the internet & posting about it. Those pleb husks fill up room in your brain & not mine & I'm winning. Thank you anon. I'd tell you to go take a long hard look in a mirror, but I want you to stay right. Where. You. Are.
>>
maybe if you stopped reading books for plot it would help
>>
>>7582315
It's quite literally not literature though. We're not being pedantic or autistic. Your post is off topic and should be treated as such.
>>
>>7582506
noun
writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays.
the entire body of writings of a specific language, period, people, etc.:
the literature of England.
the writings dealing with a particular subject:
the literature of ornithology.
the profession of a writer or author.
literary work or production.
any kind of printed material, as circulars, leaflets, or handbills:
literature describing company products.
Archaic. polite learning; literary culture; appreciation of letters and books.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/literature

>Thank you for ruining the board, plebbitors.
>The epitome of being pendantic or autistic
Ok...

Sometimes I forget Im in 4chan
>>
>>7582587
>writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features
This is not GoT. GoT is solely plot driven with poor prose and no artistic or philosophical themes.
>>
>>7580310
not literature. reported
>>
>>7582597
Moral Nihilism/Relativism
Philosophy Honour
Philosophy of Family
Etc

Something can be mediocre and still have themes lad

I don't like GoT, but you're a pleb talking out your ass
>>
>>7582610
lmao
>>
>>7582623
oamLTao Lin
>>
>>7582610
2/10
>>
>>7582597
I'll agree with the poor prose, but at least the politics in the story have some literary credibility. Imo.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.