[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do I start with this memer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzche.jpg (6 KB, 193x262) Image search: [Google]
Nietzche.jpg
6 KB, 193x262
where do I start with this memer?
>>
Genealogy of Morals or Beyond Good and Evil
>>
not memeing: aristotle and plato and schopenhauer

if you go into nietzsche without a bases in at least aristotle and plato you'll never understand anything he says and end up a teenage edgelord
>>
>>7577824
surely for schopenhauer you need Kant as he explicitly says so? Or not
>>
>>7577834
>>7577824
Also, for Schopenhauer it would be good to read the Upanishads.
>>
>>7577782
Birth of Tragedy and then Geneaology of Morals. And then stop.
>>
>>7577824
is a general entry level philosophy 101 understanding of aristotle and plato enough to move onto nietzsche or do I need to tip my fedora a bit more?
>>
>>7577857
>is a general entry level philosophy 101 understanding of aristotle and plato enough to move onto nietzsche

no

>>7577834
yes. hegel & kierks also while you're at it.
>>
>>7577857
I think: Plato>Aristotle >Kant >Upanishads >Schopenhauer >Nietzsche if you really want to understand it.
>>
>>7577866
Nah bro
Schopenhauer > Plato > Aristotle > Kant >Nietzsche > Upanishads

Schopenhauer him can explain Kant better than you alone could understand.
>>
>>7577844
>>7577866
>>7578380
Philosophy newbie here
whats the deal with this Upanishads thing.
Trying to search about it but it's confusing
>>
First, read Nietzsche.
Next, read a bunch of other guys.
Then, go back to Nietzsche.
After that, read other guys, then Nietzsche, then other guys, then Nietzsche...

Keep up this process until you die.
>>
Start with Aristophanes
>>
>>7578380
Schops before the Greeks? Really?

What's the reasoning for that
>>
>>7578559
It's a collection of eastern philosophy. Very long. The Baghavad Gita is a good starter to Eastern philosophy, is short and could probably be read first while the Upanishads are saved for last due to their length.
>>
>>7578589
Nice pepe reference but he's not philosophy.
>>
Beyond good and evil
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.