[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw started writing seriously 4 months ago >tfw all your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1451537160893.png (609 KB, 805x741) Image search: [Google]
1451537160893.png
609 KB, 805x741
>tfw started writing seriously 4 months ago
>tfw all your ideas seem to ambitious and impossible to compress into a short story
>tfw you know you can't tackle the quest of writing a novel yet

Mane, what can I do?
>>
Write a collection of slightly interrelated short stories...?
>>
just write until you're not shite
>>
>>7577531
Dunno mate. The themes I use to come up with are kinda intrincate, with multiple interrelated ideas and shit. I'll take as an idea tho.
>>
>started writing seriously 2 years ago
>everything I write seems like the same story with the same 3 or 4 characters
>>
I'D BUILD A PLAN. WRITE IT DOWN OR MAKE IT IN YOUR MIND, BUT YOU HAVE TO BASICALLY PUT A SET UP. WHILE YOU ARE WRITING THE INITIAL SITUATION, TRY TO GET YOUR STORY TO FLY : HOW WILL IT ALL START. THEN YOU WILL EASILY GUESS HOW IT WILL END ( YOU WILL FEEL LIKE IT IS BINARY IN THE BEGINNING, E.G THE PRINCESS IS SAVED OR NOT. IT WILL COMPLEXIFY WHILE YOU ARE WRITING). WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH THE END.

REMEMBER THAT AS A WRITER, WHAT IS GOOD IS NOT THE END, BUT THE JOURNEY. NO MATTER HOW MIND BLOWING THE ENDING IS, A POOR STORY IS A POOR STORY.
>>
>>7577515
>to ambitious
I don't think you'll be in any danger of too much ambition.
>>
>>7577515
Writing well literally takes decades. 4 month? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>7577957
My fault. English ain't my first language.
>>
>>7577980
A-an argentinian litizen who seemed patrician said he enjoyed some shit I posted in the passed away spanish thread
>>
>>7578071
the bar was set low by the previous posters.
>>
>>7578110
No doubt. Were you that argentinian?
>>
>>7578130
no, I helped set the bar low
>>
>>7578167
Kek'd. Write that joke mane
What did you post?
>>
>>7577515
JUST WRITE
U
S
T

W
R
I
T
E
>>
1) Cicrle down your main idea
2) Keep it simple, don't add unneeded numbers (oh it's a village of 1200 citizens) and keep the obstacles relatively realistic but simple
3) Search what kind of writing would best fit your story. If it only happens in a room with five poeple, then writing play would be better than a novel.
4) When writting, never cut in chapters. Just let it flow and put chapters after you're done if you want to.

I had your exact problem and that's what I did. I still can't finish most of my shit, but that's because I get bored easily from myself.
>>
File: 1452562880356.jpg (133 KB, 1197x898) Image search: [Google]
1452562880356.jpg
133 KB, 1197x898
Write that novel anyway. Fail at it. Write a different novel. Fail less at it. Do that for five years and maybe you can write something decent.
>>
write the novel pussy. Seriously, fucking start the novel and see where it takes you.
>>
>>7577515

You're probably too young to write anything of worth yet. Keep writing and wait a few years.
>>
Write a novella. D'uh.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.