[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon - "I have sat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: peter ackroyd.jpg (20 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
peter ackroyd.jpg
20 KB, 580x386
On Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon - "I have sat and slept though this novel for five days and words would fail me if logorhoea were not so catching." and "It [Rocket] may have been of such heavy symbolic intent that it went under my head"

On The Decay of the Angel - "This is not writing, this is Barbara Cartland - and Barbara Cartland at least has the courage not to commit hara-kiri over it"

On Look at the Harlequins! by Vladimir Nabokov - "This is the novel to end all of Nabokov's novels - or at least one hopes so"

On The Autumn of the Patriarch - "The book is the equivalent of a bad film stunningly photographed."

On Ted Hughes - Every time I open Ted Hughes's latest book, there is something about testicles, bone tissue or vomit. It's like watching General Hospital . . . "

Or "Apcolypse Now, in other words, would have been more entertaining as a silent film"

Or, on Faye Dunaway (whom he likes) in Mommie Dearest - "She is Lady Macbeth who cannot find a missing button, Clylemmenstra who has mislaid her bus past",

On Shelley Duvall in The Shining (he likes the actress and the movie - . . . she looks like Bugs Bunny carved out margarine"

On Octopussy - "Roger Moore has grown old in our service (perhaps the film should have been called the Octogenarian"

On Robert Frost "A man who posed as an American sage while possessing the familial virtures of Caliguila"
>>
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>7575498
>it may have of have been of such heavy symbolic intent that it flew under my head.

rickity rekt
>>
Sounds like a bitter old cunt.
>>
File: 30.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
>called william blake the most important british thinker
>>
>>7579411
>>called william blake the most important british thinker

Perhaps going a bit far, but he certainly is one of the most underrated.
>>
>>7579411
>Says the guy who has only read the Memes of Innocence and Experience.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.