[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi lit. I'm drunk and writing down my thoughts. I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: seven_psychopaths_rect.jpg (224 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
seven_psychopaths_rect.jpg
224 KB, 660x440
Hi lit. I'm drunk and writing down my thoughts. I'd like critique or debagte on this small snippet that I wrote because I know that despite your madness and contrarianist attitude, most of you on this board are fairly brilliant, and for the most part I respect your advice. Here:

Were I to exact some truths about myself in the most patient way possible I would come up short of the expectations of many. A man at the age of 22 is to have experienced many things. I admit (however reluctantly), that I have, compared to many, seen a great many of things. I have also heard a great many of things, or read them, or understood meaning that admittedly, may have been a creation of my own.
But I have yet to experience many things, and because of this I believe myself and my peers to be liars—whether to themselves or to all. They (as I do) believe they have experienced the foundational moments that create the essence of what is. That is what all is… that which makes a human being. On this we are incorrect, as none can experience such things; as such things do not exist. The creation of art, I believe, is proof that these people are in fact liars. And they will always be liars, by the very nature of their existence, for the human being cannot exist without being a hypocrite.
>>
>>7575495
there is more to the art component, I'm still thinking about how to approach that without sounding like an ass.
>>
>>7575495

read more philosophy; don't bother reinventing the wheel. and at least write something meaningful ffs
>>
>>7575511
Fair enough. I'm working on reading more philosophy. Only really read The Republic and Thus Spoke, reading notes from underground now.
>>
That was trite and meaningless. Try writing something when you're sober.
>>
>>7575495
Pretentious, childish and superficial.
>>
Im >>7575551
>>7575495
I wish you luck in the future and much light tho. You're drunk, I write shit when drunk too.
>>
>>7575558
Thanks mN, drunk people need drunk people to reassure them they're,just drunk, and not useless
>>
>>7575495
i hope you're going into academia because this prose is unfit for anything else
>>
>>7575567
Shit son that's the whole point
>>
>>7575567
>those who can't, teach.
No wonder the American school system is fucked.
>>
>>7575661
It's fucked, but not because of this. Try this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8
>>
>>7575666
Interesting...
This is >>7575661
Never heard that quote at the beginning, I like it.
Thanks anon, I'm going to watch some more of this and finish the rest tomorrow. Bookmarked.
>>
>>7575685
No problem. I'm OP btw, kinda still smashed but trust me that interview is incredibly interesting, and very well sourced. If you can survive Chomsky lectures then those videos will be a thrill ride in comparison
>>
>>7575495
Interrupting your own sentences or trains of thought is bad form. These interjections could all be scratched. Consider the following:

>Were I to exact some truths about myself | in the most patient way possible | I would come up short of the expectations of many. | A man at the age of 22 | is to have experienced many things. | I admit | (however reluctantly), | that I have, | compared to many, | seen a great many of things.| I have also heard a great many of things, | or read them, | or understood meaning that admittedly, | may have been a creation of my own. |

Do you see how many starts and stops there are in that sentence alone? Unless you want intentionally to break the flow of your own piece (which means that you must possess flow in the first place) you should refrain from including interjections such as these.
>>
>>7575495
At first I thought it was pretentious, but then I actually read it carefully and realized what you're trying to say is actually meaningful.
>>
I fell in love with physics in high school. I had not paid much attention to it before. In high school it was time to get serious about studying in order to get into a good university. When i started paying attention to physics and saw that i understood it it became a joy to study it. I used to spend hours at the library with my head in the book. Always alone. I didn't want distraction. I enjoyed following the logical train of thought that led from one thing to the other. The hardest parts required deep concentration. I read every word slowly to make sure that i understood them. I had to read the hardest sentences many times till i understood. The text was not in my mother tongue but i managed. When i reached the point where i understood the subject at hand it all made sense.
That was the beginning of my solitary life. The joy of focusing on something deeply without distraction is still one of my greatest joys. Today it is not physics. It is many different subjects depending on my mood. But mostly politics these days. I do miss the company of others. It's lonely like this. I wonder if i will ever find someone who i can sit with in total silence and read and study. Sometimes it seems pointless. What am i getting out of it. Yes, i might understand something about the world that was strange to me before. But look at the other people spending time together and having a good time. I am having a good time, too. Plus, i don't have to listen to how well everybody is doing in their professional lives and their opinions about the refugee crisis. Still, i wonder if i am missing out on something. Is spending time with your peers more than recreation? Is that where you get real wisdom?
>>
>>7575495
Good god these degenerate prose threads are disgusting.

>muh r9k feels
>I can't get a girlfriend
>I can get a phd in self loathing!?!?
>bukowski was an alcoholic and everyone likes him, I should pick up a drinking habit, a type writer, and a couple of whores while I'm at it. Oh! Mustn't forget cigarettes and a bag of medium roast coffee beans and a French press while I'm at it. Oh! How did I almost forget that not bathing and wearing the same shirt and underwear for a few days while scarcely wiping my ass after shitting is the best way to capture my readers attention. I bet they'll think I'm so deep and edgy and carefree and antisocial, I bet they'll nominate me sociopath of the year.

Why are you even on /lit/?

Instead of spending all that time writing shitty prose go out into your street at night when you're drunk with a flashlight and play Scooby Doo, maybe then you'll have something interesting to share with the world.
>>
>>7575939
Kek... 9/10
>>
>>7575939
So are you saying "get over yourself"?
>>
>>7575939
That sounds like some corny ass reddit shit. People will write about what is meaningful to them. I'm sick of you faggots policing what is or isn't acceptable to write about when you probably think reading gravitys rainbow makes you patrician all of sudden.

No one gives a fuck about your faggy little grudge against some no-name frogfaggot board. Fuck off
>>
>>7576108
>makes you patrician
>PATRICIAN
hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

You're my hero, faggot. You just made my day.
>>
>>7576114
You're so fucking dumb you read the complete opposite meaning into that line lmao
>>
>>7575939
>not dark roast

Dabsolutely isgusting.
>>
>>7576116
You're so fucking dumb you didn't realize I was complimenting your humor. Kill yourself you stupid piece of shit
>>
File: TWAS_BUT_A_RUSE.jpg (309 KB, 680x1671) Image search: [Google]
TWAS_BUT_A_RUSE.jpg
309 KB, 680x1671
>>7576116
ayy lmao
kill yourself faggot
you're a joke
>>
>>7576135
>>7576129

Your post made no fucking sense, go back to school
>>
>>7576135
>>7576129
>>7576116
>>7576127
>>7576114

You people are literally the cancer of /lit/
>>
>>7576159
You just made my cry, samefag. I really really care about your opinion. Please tell me more.
>>
>>7575495
You contradict yourself

>People think they have experienced the essence of being
>That's a lie because you can't experience it
>that makes them hypocrites
>Humans can't exist without hypocrisy

That means that there is an essence of being, it's hypocrisy, and according to you everyone has experienced it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.