[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long did it take you to read the meme trilogy? For me it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
How long did it take you to read the meme trilogy?
For me it was:
IJ - 2 weeks
Gravity's Rainbow - 1 month
Ulysses - 1 month
>>
IJ - 2 weeks
Gravity's Rainbow - 4 months
Ulysses - 2 months

this is however unfair because I read Infinite Jest whilst unemployed and living at home so I had really nothing getting in the way of reading whereas Ulysses and GR were read at busier points of my life
>>
Ulysses - 4 months
Infinite Jest - 3 months
Gravity's Rainbow - 2 months

I learned how to read faster as I went down the line.
>>
>>7565713
I read Gravity's Rainbow in about a month (it was for an independent reading assignment junior year of high school). I've only read about 300 pages of Infinite Jest which took me one morning when I was hungover and needed something to take my mind off things. I've never tried to read Ulysses.
>>
>>7565713
>>7565920
2 weeks huh? Did you read it during every free moment you had? Give details.
>>
>>7565990
Basically, I was on break with nothing to do. So I would wake up, have some eggs and toast (with a little jam and butter of course) while reading, read, take a shit while reading, go for a run, read, eat, piss, read, eat, shit, read, sleep. It was a good two weeks.
>>
>>7565713
IJ: 3-1/2 months during a busy school term

GR: 6 weeks with a busy work schedule

Ulysses: 10 days on break.
>>
>>7565713
>4 days
>2 days
>2 days

>tfw NEET
>>
>>7566044
considering quitting my job and entering the NEET lifestyle just so that I can do this shit.
>>
>>7565990
No not really. I didn't make a chore out of it or push myself to read or anything. I just liked the book, had a comfy hammock and lots of time to spare.

If one had to (why would they?) it could be speedread much faster. It's a pretty breezy book for all its reputed difficulty
>>
IJ - 2-3 months during the summer
Gravity's Rainbow - a month or two during the school year, making myself read 20 pages a day until I was lugging it to every class and unable to put it down
Ulysses - a few weeks for a class. by far the hardest to read though I did it the quickest
>>
IJ - 40 days more or less

Reading GR now. In my defence, I'm not a native speaker
>>
Infinite Jest - two weeks
Gravity's Rainbow - three weeks
Ulysses - haven't read it yet. I'm anticipating that it will be drier than the other two
>>
None of the books are particularly long.
>>
Where can I find the Infinite Jest pdf?
>>
>>7565713
I haven't read those three yet.
>>
i read infinite jest in 3 days when i was dopesick
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.