[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are your favourite aphorists, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: cioran literary living.jpg (140 KB, 876x1024) Image search: [Google]
cioran literary living.jpg
140 KB, 876x1024
Who are your favourite aphorists, /lit/?
>>
The poster known only as "Anonymous"
>>
Giacomo Leopardi

If you haven't read Zibaldone you are literally a pleb.
>>
>>7558513
Worth it in translation?
>>
>>7558582
*shoves you against a locker*

The FUCK did you say!?
>>
>>7558513
>4,5k pages of aphorisms
What the fuck. "Maxims" are like a hundred pages and "The Trouble With Being Born" is 200-something.
>>
>>7558593
If you want to be big you have to read big.
>>
>>7558582
>Non parla tutte le lingue del mondo

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7558598
Reading hundreds of cracker mottos isn't being big.
>>
>>7558623
for you
>>
File: professor-knark_207099536.jpg (72 KB, 800x794) Image search: [Google]
professor-knark_207099536.jpg
72 KB, 800x794
>>7558582
>lire des traductions
>>
>>7558640
Kek
>>
Nietzsche.
>>
>>7558604
>italians pretending to be relevant after the renaissance
>>
>>7558784
you probably misunderstood what he said m8
>>
>>7558784
please go back to /int/
>>
>you will never cuddle up to cioran while he moans about life

Why even live?
>>
File: Cioran_in_Romania.jpg (83 KB, 626x800) Image search: [Google]
Cioran_in_Romania.jpg
83 KB, 626x800
>>7559310
was he the most /fa/ philosopher?
>>
>>7559310
he wouldnt meet you unless you invited him to an expensive restaurant.

>/lit/ buys into le depressed anchorite facade
kek
>>
Can parables be considered aphorisms?

I like Kafka.

http://zork.net/~patty/pattyland/kafka/parables/parables.htm
>>
>>7559432

Is that Jack Nance in Eraserhead? Because it looks a lot like him. Weird.
>>
>>7559486
Maybe a tribute?
>>
La Rochefoucauld.
>>
>>7559458
I actually admire him for that. He said he only went to literary parties for the scotch.
>>
File: dog luggage carousel (1).png (118 KB, 562x597) Image search: [Google]
dog luggage carousel (1).png
118 KB, 562x597
Jean Baudrillard, pic related, one of his longer routines from "Cool Memories"

Here is another of my favorites from "The Transparency of Evil":

“Consider Michael Jackson, for example. Michael Jackson is a solitary mutant, a precursor of a hybridization that is perfect because it is universal — the race to end all races. Today’s young people have no problem with a miscegenated society: they already inhabit such a universe, and Michael Jackson foreshadows what they see as an ideal future. Add to this the fact that Michael has had his face lifted, his hair straightened, his skin lightened — in short, he has been reconstructed with the greatest attention to detail. This is what makes him such an innocent and pure child — the artificial hermaphrodite of the fable, better able even than Christ to reign over the world and reconcile its contradictions; better than a child-god because he is a child-prosthesis, an embryo of all those dreamt-of mutations that will deliver us from race and from sex.”

Also, William Burroughs isn't really an aphorist, but I like him for a similar reason as Baudrillard. He breaks the narrative to just muse on some strange topic. A lot of "Did I ever tell you about..."
>>
Schopenhauer
>>
Nicolas Gomez Davila

https://mobile.twitter.com/DColacho
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.