[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/ I seek the help of anybody thats knowledgeable of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: SecretTeachings.jpg (48 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
SecretTeachings.jpg
48 KB, 329x500
Hello /lit/

I seek the help of anybody thats knowledgeable of this type of stuff since I've taken on a personal project of doing an investigation.

Basically I need to know about Cults in general. People worshipping or idolizing Figures, entities, people or Gods. Organizations or Societies (secret?) that are centered around these type of ideologies, etc.

People have pointed people like Alesteir Crowley and The Book of Law, however trying to read his stuff feels too advanced for a complete beginner in the topic like me.

Basically I want to know about Religions in general, years, beliefs, rituals, symbols.

Any books that you can recommend that deal with these type of subjects will be very appreciated.

Currently reading Pic related. Which seems to be very good.
>>
Might not be 100% what you're looking for but check out The Occult by Colin Wilson
>>
Mircea Eliade
Clifford Geertz
Lucien Levy-Bruhl

>>7539496
>Colin Wilson mentioned on /lit/

oi what are you all about m8
>>
>>7539494

go on /x/

and also

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!FcgnlaBC

thank me later
>>
>>7539502
's wrong with Wilson?
>>
>>7539528
i like him but never saw him mentioned here before

i actually only recently got into him on the recommendation of a friend

are you into his philosophy at all?
>>
>>7539494
The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth
>>
>>7539530
/lit/ doesnt fuck with Sartre much but thats my guy, picking up Kant's Critique of Pure Reason soon as well as The Sickness Unto Death. Also gonna get into Camus.
pretty entry level i guess but thats all im really tryna fuck with unless those get me into heavier shit
>>
>>7539530
yooo im a fuckin idiot i read that as "are you into any philosophy at all"
fuk
ive only read the occult mane
>>
>>7539538
>>7539539
it's okay my friend it's late/early

i like sartre too

weird recommendation if you're going to read kant but it's from the same guy who recommended wilson to me:
http://earlymoderntexts.com/authors/kant

it seems pleb but if you read the rationale behind this site it's not as bad as first blush, i have read kant in "normal" translations and it is tedious even when you get decent at it

wilson's lovecraftian stuff is great
>>
>>7539540
ah hell yeah thanks bro
>>
Maybe read up on some medieval heresies, OP? The Cathars have some very cool history surrounding them, for example. Or perhaps the Münster Rebellion?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 600x860
You made this post in a thread on /x/ earlier fag

What are you doing going board from board hunting down answers?
>>
>>7539579

Because I want to get as much answers as possible.

Are you the guy that asked about Crowley being autistic?

>>7539561

>Munster rebellion

Amazing stuff, anon, will do.
>>
Marking the Hours. English People and Their Prayers, 1240-1570

Moro. Magic, witchcraft, and religion: A reader in the anthropology of religion.

Hicks. Ritual and belief: Readings in the anthropology of religion.

Scupin. Religion and culture: An anthropological focus.

Hays. Death in the Iron Age II and in First Isaiah

Rojek. Fame attack: The inflation of celebrity and its consequences

Dyer & McDonald. Stars

doi: 10.1177/0920203X9601100211

Larson. Ancient Greek cults: A guide.

Farnell. The cults of the Greek States.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.