[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books (preferably novels) about letting go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Guts_Portrait.jpg (94 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
Guts_Portrait.jpg
94 KB, 468x468
I have developed a horrible tendency (from who the fuck knows where) to hold grudges, fixate on small issues and generally clutter my mind with useless pedantic shit.

Are there any books that deal with coming to peace with oneself and forgetting the outside world, forgetting the past and the perception of others?
>>
Novels are aesthetic objects - they are studied and enjoyed because they are beautiful. They aren't constructed to 'improve' you or correct your personal shortcomings.

If you already know what your problem is, then stop doing it.
>>
>>7537922
seconded
>>
Stoic philosophy.
>>
>>7537922
Ethics - Benedict de Spinoza
>>
>>7537929

Wow thanks I'm enlightened now.
>>
Gatsby
>>
>>7537922
>Guts
>Letting go
That's a pretty unfitting image
>>
>>7537922
>Liking mangoes
Let go of that first.
>>
>>7537929
Other anon here.
Sometimes im aware of some of the problems I have but I stil do it (like fixating on meaningless shit)
So how is it possible? You actually need the "click".
What is the nature of the click? How do you get to it? And more importantly,why does it not work until then?
>>
>>7537922

>forgetting the past and the perception of others?

It's not so much forgetting as ceasing to care what others think. When you get older you'll realize most other people -- especially the judgmental ones -- are kind of fucked up themselves.

It just doesn't matter.
>>
>>7538120

I typed guts and was looking for a picture of like, a man holding his gut, he's holding onto anger. Then this guy popped up and I needed any image really so
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.