[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else going to set a monthly/weekly goal? I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1088140.jpg (29 KB, 307x475) Image search: [Google]
1088140.jpg
29 KB, 307x475
Anyone else going to set a monthly/weekly goal? I'm going for 2 books a month. Is the Count of Monte Christo a good book?
>>
at least a book a day
>>
>>7537823
I'm still waiting for my Monte Cristo to be delivered.

Heard it's supposed to be good, so many say it is their favorite book.

Also, I've set my goal for 20 books this year.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 217x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 217x346
>>7537823
What
>>
>>7537823
one of the greatest.
if you got a brain in ya head, you won't be disappointed. ensure you have an unabridged copy.
>>
>>7537861
is it really 1000 pages long? That's going to take me all month.
>>
File: n5.png (176 KB, 307x475) Image search: [Google]
n5.png
176 KB, 307x475
>>7537857
>>
>>7537899

It shouldn't take you that much time, the book is long but fun and the prose is very easy to follow.

One of my personal favorites. I think the Cavalcanti subplot is shit, though.
>>
>>7537943
I'll give it a shot then. Long books are only a problem because my 1 hour transit rides to and from work/school are the only times I have to read really.
>>
Does the translation matter much for this book?
>>
>>7537943
cavalcanti...i don't remember him. is he related to valentine's subplot? that one bored me to death. the rest of the book was GOAT though.

>>7538042
I reccomend the penguin classics translation. it's really good.
>>
>Anyone else going to set a monthly/weekly goal?
No. I read when I want and as much as I want.
>>
>>7537943
This. With some adderall, I read it for the first time in 3 days (12 hours of reading per).
>>
i was planning on reading the portrait of the artist as a young man from start to finish today but i can't find it. fuck
>>
Am 500 pages through Le Comte de Monte Cristo right this moment.

I'm finding it totally readable and there have been certain passages where I've simply put the book down and sat at my desk in a state of revery.

I'm not totally convinced as of yet that it's a complete and utter classic, but if the denouement is as good as some of the best passages have been then my mind may well be changed.

"The Rain of Blood Chapter" gave me goosebumps. The whole Bertuccio backstory, its effect on my opinion of Caderousse, and the breathtaking way Dumas unites the two Dantés personas of Monte Cristo and the Abbé Busoni blew my tiny mind
>>
File: Countofmontecristorelations.jpg (420 KB, 2448x623) Image search: [Google]
Countofmontecristorelations.jpg
420 KB, 2448x623
unless you have a great memory, i recommend taking notes about the various characters.
>>
File: hurrts.jpg (92 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
hurrts.jpg
92 KB, 540x540
>>7537823
count of monte cristo gets me FULLY ERECT.

FULLY ERECT.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.