[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: InvisibleCities.jpg (17 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
InvisibleCities.jpg
17 KB, 255x354
What did you guys think of pic related?
>>
Reading it now. Absolutely love it
>>
i did not enjoy it, wasn't even slightly moved by it and found the structure a bit overbearing
everyone i've ever spoken to about it loves it though
>>
I think I want to read it again several times
>>
>>7529011
im gonna read it again for sure too. It feels like there is some kind of underlying truth but Im probably not even asking the right questions. Do Polo and Kan even exist? Is Kan dreaming all this up?
>>
I enjoy some of Calvino's work, but I did not like it at all. I'm aware that it's not a popular opinion though
>>
I have no idea what the big deal is. It's just descriptions of strange places. I don't find it magical at all.
>>
>>7529041
This. I would call the emperor has no clothes on it, but I dunno
>>
>>7529032
kill yourself
>>
i have been reading essays on this book for the past half hour or so and its becoming clear to me now people have spend their life studying this book
>>
>>7528987
One of my favorite books. It's absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>7529051
Of course you would...
no I can't just let that hang have to inform you that emperor's clothes is TOP OF THE LIST tasteless overused expression of the past few years it's like the Jewish Holocaust of clichés dude no not even post-ironically could you resort to it simply in order to impersonate the fabled Redditor roaming clueless among ye jolly elitists it's worse than using a teenage literally and a social construct in the same fucking sentence please never do it again
>>
"The paper attempts to analyze how Italo Calvino employs Lacanian psychoanalysis and deconstructive stratagems to produce an aesthetic construct and how he deals with the medium of language and the problem of representation through the dialogues between Kublai Khan and Marco Polo in Invisible City."
>>
>>7528987
I think it's excellent.
>>
>>7528987
I have that exact same edition (I'm italian).

It's literally 3 meters from me as I type.

No intention of reading it.

U mad?
>>
>>7529571
per nulla
>>
>>7529972
your loss amigo
>>
apparently this book is about the inherent violence of representing things. EG there is a city thats beautiful but the people that live there replaced it with a memory of the city in their heads
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.