[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /lit/'s opinion on this work? I regard it as my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Catch-22-cover.jpg (20 KB, 225x340) Image search: [Google]
Catch-22-cover.jpg
20 KB, 225x340
What is /lit/'s opinion on this work? I regard it as my most enjoyable novel.
>>
did you write it?
>>
>>7525806
By my i refer to my collection of novels, please.
>>
>>7525804
I'm in the middle of it right now.
I can't stop laughing, I was not expecting it to be so funny or am I missing something?
>>
I regard it as your most enjoyable novel.

Read Something Happened. It's much darker but if you like Heller's style, you'll enjoy it
>>
its so boring and lame, he keeps repeating the same joke over and over again during the whole book.
>>
>>7525804
>tfw saw catch-22 at local bookstore but decide to finish what i was reading at the time to get it
>come back to buy it a week later
>its no longer there

;_;
>>
>>7525840
that will change, your chuckles will turn into horror.
then if you're lucky, you'll return to baseline.
>>
>>7526088
This
>>7525840
>>
>>7525840
exactly this. just read the part when

the chaplain is walking through the forest and he bumps into that dude who is scared shitless because hungry joe said he would slit his throat, as a joke (kek fucking joe..), hes talking and the courtain, completely convinced everyone is trying to kill him. the courtain asks where he is sleeping, and he freaks out saying "not you too!?!" and runs off into the bushes

fucking kek. had to put the book down for a few moments to crack up.. love the whole crazy/sane thing going on throughout
>>
>>7526543

I loved major Major's story. I remember laughing but I don't remember much of the book. I'll have to read again I guess.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.