[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You should be happy that literature is not popular because then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
You should be happy that literature is not popular because then you would get a bunch of imposter meme artists get all the praise like /tv/ and /mu/ get Kanye West or Wes Anderson, total shit artists praised as the next big thing. /lit/ never produce these memes cause there is no reddit-bucks in it.
>>
Tao Lin
>>
>>7523139
There already are and were a bunch of those. Some of them even got rich and famous like Corncob McCarthy and Aldous Huxley.
>>
>>7523139
Swahili Coates, and Junot Diaz come to mind.
>>
>>7523139
Oh my God that is one obnoxious image
>>
>>7523224
This. There are PLENTY of frauds in literature. Literature was actually the home of the original frauds, since it's the first sustained art form.
>>
>that pic
kek. You should make the last pic of a monosyllabic word + definition.
>>
>You should be happy that literature is not popular because then you would get a bunch of imposter meme artists get all the praise like /tv/ and /mu/ get Kanye West or Wes Anderson

You mean like Stefan Zweig?
>>
>>7523139
>literature is not popular
wrong.
>>
David Foster Wallace
>>
>>7523224
What's wrong with Junot Diaz?
I love Oscar Wao, as a mixed race person it had a lot to say about race identity in society.

Maybe it's because white people wouldn't understand the themes.
>>
kanye west is the kanye best... OP never fails to be gay
>>
>>7525799
>Maybe it's because white people wouldn't understand the themes.
Junot is meme-tier and I'm hispanic. Don't bring in race to validate your opinions.
>>
>>7525727
nah
>>
>>7526089
What is meme-tier about him?
not the guy who you're replying to, I'm hispanic too and I don't think he's bad
>>
>>7526089
>not being mixed race
>Year of the Lord two thousand and sixteen
>>
>>7526124
>hispanic
>not mixed race
????
>>
>>7523139
>t. John Green
>>
>>7523139
Wes Anderson is actually good, you should watch his other movies before comparing him to Kanye. are you that abysmal faggot who hates everything new and wasn't made by a soviet director?
>>
>>7523212
Aldous was more of a thinker than a literary writer guy, which I think is generally understood.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.