[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lit, My bf just bought pic related home for me and I love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Hey lit, My bf just bought pic related home for me and I love it, I'm 6 chapters in, but I was wondering is all of Murkami's work as good as this or even if there are there any recommendations on books similar either in style or theme?
>>
More Murakami desu
>>
Most of Murakami's other books are more surreal. The rest are pretty good but eventually you'll get tired of him writing the same type of protagonist every fucking time.
>>
Honestly this is at best nearly his worst. You will tire as the other anon said but be excited only to go up from here
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 500x375
Overrated. Like Japanese films, it LOOKS like a novel but there's really no content. It's pure imitation of American or European models without anything inside, like a replicant out of Philip K Dick.
>>
>>7518530
that was my first murakami book so i enjoyed it. i think if i read his other stuff first i'd find it a chore however, since it's pretty derivative of his other works. if you want more like it try norwegian wood, but if you want to tackle his more surreal stuff you should read kafka on the shore or the wind up bird chronicle next, then hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world
>>
Wow thanks for all the replies but my thing is I DO tire extremely easily so if what you lot say is true then I probably won't last very long with him if he's prone to repetition of characters.
>>
Personally I liked his short stories more than his novels. I'm also the only one who holds this opinion, probably. In my opinion, in the short stories he gets out his typical weirdness but doesn't get too lost in the rest of the narrative.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 548x859) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 548x859
Show me your tits. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>7518530
>bf
>>
>>7518652
I'm a dude.
>>
>>7518530
This is a really underrated Murakami book. Although it lacks a lot of the weirdness that makes his most acclaimed stuff so engaging, this is by far the most relatable. With that being said, nothing beats Wind Up Bird Chronicles.
>>
>>7518684
Problem??
>>
>>7518652
Do it anyway
>>
The only good thing about Murakami books is that at some point, it will build up to something really weird happening.
And it always delivers, and its good weird instead of horrible background noise.
>>
Welcome aboard the Murakami ride

You can actually pick literally any other of his books and you will like it, my favorite is a wild sheep chase if that helps in your decision
>>
Everybody loves their first Murakami.
>>
>>7518530
This is his only one to feature a gay blowjob so it's probably the only one you'll like, as you're clearly a gay attention whore who can't wait to finish a book before you make another post about your loosely related sexuality.
>>
>>7518530
Read Norwegian Wood after you finish colorless tskuru. NW is the most similar to Tskuru but without any surreal elements Murakami is known for.

If you like Murakami's more "realistic" novels you probably won't like The Wind Up Bird Chronicle. Expect the same detached character in pretty much every novel.

Post again when you finish the book, I wanna know what you think about it.
>>
>>7518530
"until proven innocent" by K.C. Johnson
>>
>>7519037
>This is his only one to feature a gay blowjob
Downloads it to Kindle immediately.
>>
>>7519454
I'm 2/3 through it now and it's just fantastic. I really love the style and I find the story both compelling and intricate but there is a certain shallowness I can't seem to shake.
>>
>>7520623
The end will disappoint you
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.