[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm babysitting my 8 year old cousin. Being the introvert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: picture-of-huckleberry-finn.jpg (18 KB, 304x319) Image search: [Google]
picture-of-huckleberry-finn.jpg
18 KB, 304x319
So, I'm babysitting my 8 year old cousin.
Being the introvert that I am, the only thing I can actually do with him is read for him, and he being dyslexic he enjoys it a lot. But I'm running ou of books, so help me anons!
The ones I have read:
Little Women
The Secret Garden
Alice's Adventure in Wonderland & Through the looking glass
Tom Sawyer
Huckleberry Finn
Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Is he too young for Harry Potter, Narnia and Brums of Avalon? Also, he says my choices are ''too girly'', so any help with that?
Other children's classics that I'm not remembering, please.
>>
Does he like dogs?

Read him Where the Red Fern Grows
>>
harry potter sounds about right
>>
>>7516222
As much as any child. Thank you, anon! It looks cool, putting on the list.
>>
Do the Chronicles of Prydain series. Very old-school, King Arthur-type adventure novels.
>>
>>7516215
read lolita to him
>>
>>7516215
Treasure Island
Arabian Nights
Gulliver Travels
>>
>>7516215
>gulliver's travels
>heart of darkness
>of mice and men
>watership down
>the road
>the wind in the willows
>zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance
>rosemary's baby
>mössbauer effect in lattice dynamics: experimental techniques and applications
>>
>>7516226
I'm really not sure about it. I should reread the series before coming to a conclusion but it's rally not of my liking.

>>7516236
Noted. It looks good and not ''girly''.

>>7516239
Only if you do it to me first ;*

>>7516242
Also noted. Is Treasure Island like Robinson Crusoé? God, I loved it when I as a kid.

What you anons think about 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'?
>>
Wizard of Earthsea
>>
>>7516272
A Series of Unfortunate Events may appeal to children, but be warned: it contains dangerously high amounts of edge and "le so random XD" humour.
>>
hatchet series by gary paulsen
>>
>>7516215

Roald Dahl

I second Arabian nights, I heard Wilde wrote some pretty cool fables too but not sure if they match his age
>>
>>7518196
Yeah Roald Dahl

Read him Danny the Champion of the World. Was my fave growing up.
>>
>>7518196

Wilde did fables/short stories that would work well for children, but at 8, I think he may actually be too old for some of them. Something like The Happy Prince is what I'm thinking of.
>>
>>7516594
Here is a man who did not understand what he was looking at.
>>
>>7516215
hesiod
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.