[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To you consider light novels to be worthwhile literature? Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: LN.jpg (1015 KB, 1415x2137) Image search: [Google]
LN.jpg
1015 KB, 1415x2137
To you consider light novels to be worthwhile literature? Did you ever read any?
>>
>>7512813
No and no, but that's just my opinion. Hope that helps.
>>
Never read one, no; but I've seen dozens of anime adaptations. From what I understand, light novels are "light" reads directed at youths, and thus probably aren't worthwhile literature.
>>
>>7512815
If you could mention your reasons in detail, it would be cool.

Also if you didn't read any, how can you say for certain they're not worthwhile?
>>
>>7512813
not literature
>>
>>7512823
But it's a book. Hundreds of pages with text on them. All made of paper.
>>
No.
Yes, unfortunately.
>>
>>7512824
>book =/= literature

harry potter is not literature
a song of ice and fire is not literature
>>
>>7512819
>Never read one, no
>From what I understand
>light novels are "light" reads directed at youths, and thus probably aren't worthwhile literature.

:,D

Ps: the "light" in light novel comes from the limited use of kanji vocabulary, thus facilitating the reading to people who have not mastered the Japanese. Never by number of pages or simplicity of the story. But I have to give you the reason in something, most of the LN that gets an anime are garbage (like Sao)
>>
In Japanese, yes.
Translated, nooooooooo.
/thread
>>
Only ever read welcome to the nhk and kino's journey, they were pretty fun

I've seem some adaptations and they don't seem to be good, at least seems like most of them are aimed at young boys and fall in the anime tropes. But there's no doubt there are some hidden gems out there that aren't sao, oreimo and that bullshit.

I'm looking forward to reading kizumonogatari if movie doesn't come soon enough.
>>
to my moonreaders, how does the monogatari series hold up?
>>
Do they even sell translated LNs besides shit like SAO?
>>
>>7514018

Kizumongatari got released this month, there's also Spice and Wolf, Guin Saga but that's only about 5 out of 100 or so volumes in English, Vampire Hunter D and Legend of the Galactic Heroes gets released in March.
>>
>>7514022

Durarara is getting released too, I think it's up to the second volume. Baccano comes out next year in English also.
>>
>>7514022
That's so late, how are the translations then?
Filled with annotations i hope.
>>
>>7514022

Gineiden isn't LN
>>
I only read dense novels.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.