[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Kazuo Ishiguro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Ishiguro.jpg (10 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
Ishiguro.jpg
10 KB, 220x293
What does /lit/ think of Kazuo Ishiguro?
>>
>>7509851
My wife says he's pretty boring but she's not a fan of the show burn. How about you, OP?
>>
The Unconsoled is a great read
>>
>>7511900
he is a candy ass gaijin.
>>
I bought never let me go the other day and haven't started it yet. Did I fuck up, /lit/?
>>
File: Fun.jpg (31 KB, 225x272) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
31 KB, 225x272
The only book of his I've read was 'Never Let Me Go', 90% of which was mindless teenage melodrama. I don't hold a high opinion of him.
>>
>>7511900
I read never let me go, nocturnes and remains of the day, all I thought were really good.
>>
Never let me Go was a better movie than book
That's all I know
>>
>>7511900
The Remains of the Day is, by far, his best novel.
>>
>>7511900
I finished The Remains of the Day teary-eyed. The structure of the story was interesting, the way he had the narrator recall memories, starting with the more innocuous ones and then eventually coming to long-repressed revelatory memories.

Haven't read anything else by him but I plan to.
>>
one of the greatest living writers
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.