[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any chance of the cliffnotes on Blood Meridian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 518aJh03fdL.jpg (34 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
518aJh03fdL.jpg
34 KB, 334x500
Any chance of the cliffnotes on Blood Meridian?
>>
File: 3751853.png (345 KB, 400x435) Image search: [Google]
3751853.png
345 KB, 400x435
>>7511036
>>
>>7511036
DUDE VIOLENCE LMAO
>>
>>7511054
Thanks i guess
BA DA DA BA DA BUP
>>
>>7511036
The kid and a priest meets the judge

Both join a gang of rapist murdering scalpers

The judge is a pedophile albino hairless giant by the way who is either the devil, an archon, or the gnostic demiurge in human form

They all ride round, some gang members die

Eventually hole up in a castle and be dickheads to everyone

The judge at this point has a retard on a leash who he has an attachment to for some reason

He ends up chasing the kid and the priest through the desert

Thirty years later the kid, now the man, meets the judge who hasn't aged a day, and gets brutally raped

fin
>>
>>7511247
Thanks man.
Anything else to add?
>>
>>7511268
Yeah, blow your face off with a shotgun.
>>
>>7511268
you can make bullets with volcanic soil and piss
>>
File: tumblr_mi184lO9op1ryfrfko1_500.gif (969 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi184lO9op1ryfrfko1_500.gif
969 KB, 500x234
just finished this a week ago. my new favorite book
>>
>>7511036
O V E R A T E D

its a screenplay
>>
>>7511325
That's not very nice.
>>
Can someone explain to me why the LOL VIOLENCE BLOOD MERIDIAN meme even exists? iirc most of the violence in the book isn't vividly described and many of the more violent scenes are simply implied.

Reminds me of some anon's thread last week about how to write a passage about the rape of his protag and general advice was to "just imply it," "show don't tell" which is obviously good writing and how I thought McCarthy wrote Blood Meridian. So which one is it?

Or are people seriously of the opinion that its not histrionic writing that's at fault but the sheer presence of excessive violence makes the work undeserving to be taken seriously?
>>
>>7511036
I WILL NEVER DIE
>>
>>7511522
>most of the violence in the book isn't vividly described and many of the more violent scenes are simply implied.
What?
>Indians playing with guts/raping the dead/dying
>baby tree
>The Indians smashing babies together
>The scouts remains
>hot dog
>White smith getting cucked
All very vivid and quite detailed.
>>
>>7511522
i couldn't think of another piece of classic american literature with nearly the amount of explicit graphic violence as is in blood meridian,
>>
How does this shit get a thread daily? I thought it was good, loved the descriptions of the land, and thought the judge was an amazing character especially his chant at the end about never dieing. BUT damn boy it isn't even mccarthy's best and loses and almost has to be pushed through because the violence is so tedious after the shock of it and the homosexual undertones wear off.
>>
>>7511688

Lonesome Dove isn't as upfront violent but there's a handful of descriptions with some pretty gruesome stuff.
>>
I'm reading this for the first time, and I just finished chapter 11. So far this doesn't really seem too violent/graphic. When does that happen?
>>
>>7511688
Nothing gay about "...the top of the sun rose out of nothing like the head of a great red phallus..."
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.