[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you finally make it to a Levin chapter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>tfw you finally make it to a Levin chapter
>>
>It's a chapter about agriculture and the industrialization of Russia after the 1861 empancipation
>>
>>7510665
>it's another discussion of the Slavic question
>>
the Oblonsky chapters were always the most fun
>>
>>7511756
Oblonsky is MY BOY
>>
>>7511756
this t b h
>>
>>7511756
>tfw you will never be as effortlessly bantering and amicable as Oblonsky
>>
Reading Anna Karenina inappropriate right now. This is so accurate. Levin is even based when it's just him and the peasants mowing grass. Those were some of my favorite chapters so far.
But the whole book is pretty amazing. Pretty awesome of Tolstoy to make so many great characters in one book.
>>7510665
The good thing about those chapters are that they are like 2 and a half pages. They're usually somewhat interesting, too.
>>7511756
I love his chapters, but I also like Dolly, so whenever I read a Dolly chapter it kind of burns whenever Tolstoy says, "remember how he doesn't love her?"
>>
>>7510579
>Get to the chapter where a Wronsky style faggot visits him and starts to court his waifu.
>Not this shit again.
>Based Levin throws his ass out and tells him to fuck off.
>mfw

It was great.
>>
>>7514813
Favourite chapter in the entire book desu
>>
File: yeah well.jpg (39 KB, 394x406) Image search: [Google]
yeah well.jpg
39 KB, 394x406
>mfw watching any of the film adaptations

Tolstoy is probably at peace in his grave
>>
Vronsky and Anna were actually fucking hipsters (the bad kind). Did anyone else see this?
>>
>>7510579
i hope you're not implying those chapters aren't the best thing in the best book ever written
>>
>That scene with Levin just lying down in the grass watching the bug on the grass
So comfy.
Also those Muziks pissed me off.
Also preferred War and Peace over AK
>>
>>7516302
Yes.
>>
File: dog.png (410 KB, 600x491) Image search: [Google]
dog.png
410 KB, 600x491
>it's a chapter from the POV of the dog
>>
>>7516736
> not the greatest dog pov of all western literature
>>
>>7514813

Levin is based af.

>Wants to be a peasant
>Lives happy live with dream woman
>Has badass estate and the senpai love him
>>
>>7516785
10/10
>>
>>7510579
>>7516334
The Levin chapters are honestly some of the comfiest reads I've ever had

There is a passage early on in part two describing the coming Spring that always gave me goosebumps
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.