[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 300x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 300x480
Anyone know if I should get this version translated by Mannheim with the intro by D Cameron watt ,pic related. Or the one with the black cover just by Mannheim. Is there a big difference between the 2 editions? Btw I'm not a nazi just getting a lot of autobiographies and I felt this is an important addition to the list.
Thanks /lit/ !
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 260x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 260x400
Also the one in this pic with black cover is just the Mannheim with no DC Watt intro.
The first is cheaper but I want to know if the one with no watt intro is a better version or is altered or updated in any way?
>>
File: 1451178934247.png (170 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1451178934247.png
170 KB, 500x435
Don't forget to read the Zweites Buch, and Hitler's Table Talk. They're better. Mein Kampf doesn't really get the real Hitler across.
>>
>>7510343
Thanks I have table talk written down to remind me to get it. I'll definitely look into zweites buch.
So do you think that the 2 MK versions are basically the same?
I'm just afraid the DC one has different footnotes or is altered from the Mannheim version.
>>
I think I'll just go for the first one with the Watt intro. Even though I'd rather the less graphic cover
>>
>>7510351
I can't find any reference to the Watt edition having annotation online.

If you want annotation, I think annotated versions do exist, but it might be a pain to get one in the Mannheim translation. You're probably safe to go with the nicer cover.
>>
>>7510380
Nah annotation doesn't bother me.
After trying I can get the one with the black cover anymore as it's out of stock :(
I think I'll go for the first one with the more 'eye catching' cover. Its still a Mannheim so I'm sure it's basically the same
>>
>>7510343
fuhre uns und wir folgen
>>
File: 1423022470011.jpg (53 KB, 520x610) Image search: [Google]
1423022470011.jpg
53 KB, 520x610
>>7510335
I have that version, it's actually a pain in the ass to read and draws some weird glances when ever people notice it on my bookshelf.

I think the only real value the book has is how well it conveys the mind set of a dumb fascist intent of establishing an echo chamber. If they made it mandatory reading in highschool I think we'd have far fewer crazy social justice warriors.
>>
>>7510389
It was actually funny googling it to see what the Watt intro/edition was like, because you immediately get fucking swamped in

>THIS BAD, MAD, SAD, FUCKING GAY RACIST FASCIST TYRANT WROTE A SHITTY BOOK WITH BAD PROSE I HATE HITLER SO MUCH FUCKKKK HITLER YOU BIG SMELLY WILLY

Amazon.com: Mein Kampf, Mannheim Translation

Publisher's info: This shitty bad book by an EVIL bad shitty retard man who is bad not good fuck Hitler fuck HITLER FUCK HITLER I HATE HITLER IT HAS SUCH BAD PROSE

Editor's info: It was a joy to edit this BAD BOOK WITH BAD PROSE HITLER HAD SUCH BAD PROSE THE PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE REPETITIVE FASCIST RACIST EEEEEVIL SAD LITTLE MAN BAD PROSE

Translator's info: In translating this HORRIBLE BAD SHITTY BOOK WITH BAD PROSE I HATE HITLER SO MUCH AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HITLERRRRR

Reviews: Though HITLER'S PROSE IS SO BAD I HATE HITLER HE IS SO BAD RAGHGHHH I DISAPPROVE OF THE FUCKING HOLOCAUST!!! SUCH BAD FUCKING PRSOE!!!!! SUDDENLY I AM AN EXPERT ON REVIEWING THE PROSE QUALITY OF THIS BOOK EVEN THOUGH MY OTHER REVIEWED BOOKS ARE YOUNG ADULT FICTION ABOUT ALIEN VAMPIRES AND I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROSE AHGHHHH HITLER IS EVIL nevertheless an important part of our history :^)
>>
Haha that gave me a giggle.
I know that the poster above said its a pain to read but it's the best price version going. I'll take another hour or so to shop around but it's only like $5. So if I find nothing else I'll get the first one I'm sure it can't be too hard to get through
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.