[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would anyone else be down for a /lit/ meetup in DC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1449901950438.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1449901950438.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
would anyone else be down for a /lit/ meetup in DC?
>>
Don't think these ever turn out well, senpai.
Does anyone have the pics from the NY meetup?
>>
>>7507229
mein gott i want to see them
>>
>>7507229
it would still be interesting
>>
File: litmeetup.png (20 KB, 861x144) Image search: [Google]
litmeetup.png
20 KB, 861x144
>>7507229
>>
I'm going to turn up and shoot you all
>>
>>7507243
reported to the FBI
(Federal BOOK investigators )
>>
File: UDpEfWk.png (17 KB, 462x545) Image search: [Google]
UDpEfWk.png
17 KB, 462x545
>>7507238
kek
>>7507256
good one
>>
>>7507238
>tfw this is how normies see me
JUST
>>
none of you answered my question, though

is there any interest at all?
>>
BOGOTA /lit/ MEETUP WHEN?
>>
>>7507271
Yeah I want to shoot you
>>
>>7507275
never

go rail some cheap pure cocaine you lucky fuck
>>
File: 1412455598164.jpg (143 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1412455598164.jpg
143 KB, 1080x720
Anybody else a girl here?

Make sure we meet in a gender neutral area!
>>
so i guess this probably won't happen, but I'd be down

I suggest a bookstore like politics and prose
>>
>>7507280
>a gender neutral area

So, not the men's bathroom? Not the masonic hall? Not the sauna? Not in the Rabbinical school? Not in the front part of the mosque?

Sorry just can't think of many spaces that aren't gender-neutral ... other than that there are women's gyms, women's shelters, and women's only unis.
>>
>>7507297
>just can't think of many spaces that aren't gender-neutral
Let me guess you are a white male, right?
I bet you think racism also does not exist.

Gender neutral space doesn't mean that females and transpersons are "permitted" to be there, it means that it is a space where they will feel comfortable, welcome, and be among like minded individuals.

>>7507291
>politics and prose
this is a good example of what we need to avoid, far too suburban and elitist in feeling
>>
>>7507312
Wrong, I'm an Asian male. And gay. But honestly I'd like to hear some suggestions ... Seems to me like a bookstore or cafe would be a good place to have a meetup about books.

In addition, from what I see whenever I go to a bookstore or cafe(which is, admittedly, not that often. I can't afford to waste a few dollars on a coffee or pay the amount bookstores ask for books) gender ratios are pretty much even if not favoring women. I'd like to know why you think that Politics and Prose is too elitist and suburban, as it seems to me that you're implying that women, and people below middle class, and of races other than white, shouldn't or are uncomfortable being in a bookstore that has a theme of politics and writing.
>>
>>7507312
>Where trans people are among like minded individuals
An insane asylum?
>>
>>7507312
>Gender neutral space doesn't mean that females and transpersons are "permitted" to be there, it means that it is a space where they will feel comfortable, welcome, and be among like minded individuals.
Well then cunt fuck off to fucking Tumblir
>>
>>7507323
Dude stop. He's baiting you.
>>
>>7507323
Politics is literally the name of a game that the white cis elite play

Prose is a reference to poetry, a field that women have been excluded from for almost all of h--tory
>>
>>7507330
>He's
learn my pronouns shitlord
>>
>>7507280
Honestly I'd totally be down for a /lit. meetup if it was only women and no autistic spergs
>>
>>7507332

waiting on those suggestions bro
>>
Well, fuck it then. No meetup.
>>
I live in Dc!ยก
>>
I don't understand the appeal of pretending to be an irrationally demanding minority on the internet
>>
>>7507275
Barranquilla meetup when?
>>
NYC MEETUP WHEN AND WHERE? - - I SUGGEST A LARGELY POPULATED AREA AT AFTER 3PM BEFORE 7PM
>>
>>7507769
Easy replies for the interaction-hungry
>>
File: Low quality bait.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Low quality bait.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>7507312
>>
>>7508506
i will make a thread and try to organize something in 2016.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.