[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the audiobook for this over 60 hours long? It has around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 662.jpg (185 KB, 299x475) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
185 KB, 299x475
Why is the audiobook for this over 60 hours long? It has around the same amount of pages as infinite jest and that took me around 15 hours to read.
>>
>>7506360

>audiobooks

>atlas shrugged

just fuck off
>>
>>7506360
can someone explain her philosophy to me and why the hate towards her? i know nothing about her
>>
>>7506366
Thanks for getting the memes out of the way

now, does anyone have an explanation?
>>
>>7506369
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wYR6e9Z6es
>>
just go full brometheus mode and switch speed to 2x
>>
>>7506369

People dislike a book they've never even touch just to fit in and parrot opinions spouted by liberal SJW college students and Reddit.
>>
>>7506395
No way. Not in this instance. Even if you adhere to her philosophy Atlas Shrugged in particular is just a completely tedious waste of time.
>>
>>7506376
>Christopher Hitchens
>>
>>7506405
I really don't know what to think, colleagues of mine who generally hold fair opinions on literature laud this book. Either nobody on here has actually read it and this meme is baseless or all my friends are idiots.
>>
>>7506411
Read it yourself and find out. I have read it and for my part I would not recommend it to anyone but the kind of people who will laud it based solely on the name of the author.

I know I read The Fountainhead in high school and I think I thought it was okay, but Atlas Shrugged just seemed like a rambling tirade devoid of anything really novel or interesting to say.
>>
>>7506360
Senpai you can read faster than a person can speak.
>>
>>7506425

At least there was some fun speeches in it.
>>
>>7506360
>infinite jest
>15 hours to read
Bull. Fucking. Shit.
Posting in a bait thread.
>>
>>7506432
looks like you are just 2smart my man
>>
>>7506429
Doesn't really account for that much disparity
>>
>>7506360
You did not read Infinite Jest in 15 hours. That's a consistent 10 words per second. And even if you did somehow read it in that time, there is no way you grasped anything. You read the words and put no actual thought in to what you were reading.
>>
>>7506441
I read 50 pages a day for three weeks, each sitting was a little under an hour so your right it was probably a little closer to 18 hours.
>>
>>7506408
Agree or disagree with his politics, Hitchens was one of the most well read public figures in western media.

His critique on Rand is succinct and accurate, objectivism is pure ideology, the religion of the rich and wealthy.
>>
>>7506369
http://www.amazon.com/Objectivism-Philosophy-Ayn-Rand-Library/dp/0452011019 is probably your best bet for an actual explanation of her philosophy.
>>
File: 1448669891894.png (3 MB, 1631x1623) Image search: [Google]
1448669891894.png
3 MB, 1631x1623
>>
>>7506441
As if this drivel has anything worthwhile to say to someone over 18. It's cute that freshmen and kids like that flock to moronic ideals like communism and those vomited in this kind of book, but they all grow up and out of it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.