[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I expect going into this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ww.jpg (457 KB, 700x1056) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
457 KB, 700x1056
What should I expect going into this?
>>
just fucking read the book you dumb cunt
>>
Expect extensive Wikipedia citations and Yu-Gi-Oh
>>
>>7504306
It's over 1000 pages, it's not that unreasonable to ask this stuff.
>>
>>7504292
Less than nothing
>>
>>7504360
Top-tier post right here
>>
>>7504330
He's not kidding
>>
Read the table of contents, the index, the introduction
>>
My Dad got me this for Christmas because I showed him 'Pervert's Guide to Film'

Guys I'm scared I haven't even read Hegel
>>
Unless you are a hardcore Hegel enthusiast you won't get much out of it.
>>
>>7504912
I mean, you should really not only read Hegel, but more approachable second literature (Hyppolite, Kalkavage) before even thinking in touching this.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZQGMbjG1Pz
>>
>>7504366
>doesn't even know how to play Yu Gi Oh and expects me to trust his analysis of contemporary society
why do people listen to this hack again?
>>
>>7504928
Merry Christmas m8
>>
>>7504928
it's pronounced like "tear", not "higher" with a t.
>>
>>7504381
Oh hey Tai
>>
>>7504366
>All the cards together thus can never be subsumed under a general set of rules
wot
>>
>>7504928
TOP TAIJER POST
>>
>>7504292
Good movie recs.
>>
>>7504928
TOP TIRE M8
>>
File: Wiz-Khalifa-IG.jpg (129 KB, 700x694) Image search: [Google]
Wiz-Khalifa-IG.jpg
129 KB, 700x694
>>7504366

I don't think he's wrong. I think he is referring to the meta game of continuous game systems like that.

You can never unlearn the rules of chess or monopoly however, for anyone that plays eSport games, knows that if you stop playing for several months or years, you have to do research on the meta because buff, nurfs and major game updates make the rules you once knew obsolete.

Intentional concepts like power creep and perfect imbalance force the games rules to have the flexibility to shift change and be modified.

when was the last time the patched Chess at the non-tourney level? Connect 4? Sorry? Monopoly?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.