[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Butterfly is going to come back to wish us merry Christmas r-r-right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: e274313156.jpg (97 KB, 600x814) Image search: [Google]
e274313156.jpg
97 KB, 600x814
Butterfly is going to come back to wish us merry Christmas r-r-right?

Also what do you guys think about Apuleius's Metamorphoses, the only known Latin novel?
>>
File: Pippi_Longstocking.jpg (14 KB, 315x298) Image search: [Google]
Pippi_Longstocking.jpg
14 KB, 315x298
>>7502911
the donkey is supposed to be Butterfly and the parade is us by the way. The guy with the sick hat is the OP and the roses are this thread.
>>
File: Gandalf.jpg (37 KB, 960x404) Image search: [Google]
Gandalf.jpg
37 KB, 960x404
>tfw you just realize that Kafka's Metamorphosis is about a guy turning into a bug while Apuleis's is about a guy turning into a donkey
>>
>>7502922
You do know what metamorphosis means right?
>>
>>7502911
Milo Manara is fucking beast.
>>
>>7502929
yeah, I just meant that I didn't know the direct inspiration came from the latin story
>>
>>7502946
Maybe it didn't.
Maybe they both stumbled on a similar metaphor.
>>
>>7502952
not often is the word metamorphosis used to tell about a man turning into an animal and any well read person knew their hellenistic canon
>>
>>7502956
The classical canon—this how we call it, and well-read persons usually know Apuleius was a Latin speaker and not a Greek one—wasn't such an inspiration during Franz Kafka's era. As far as I know, it has strictly nothing to do with Apuleius and he thought of this story while waiting with fear of being ignored a letter from his love interest Felice Bauer.
>>
>>7502980
>kafka will never fearfully await your love letter
Why live? Sexting with Joyce just doesn't do it for me
>>
>>7502999
We should take it carefully, there may be a substantial part of exaggeration. My point was that Apuleius probably never had anything to do with it, and I don't think there's a single proof Franz Kafka might have read him. He isn't a major part of the canon.
>>
>>7502956
>not often is the word metamorphosis used to tell about a man turning into an animal
It is and was, in Europe.
>>
>>7502911
Sauce?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.