[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the next few weeks Im going to start my first adult 9-5 job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1440634279412.jpg (158 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1440634279412.jpg
158 KB, 1080x720
In the next few weeks Im going to start my first adult 9-5 job out of college. How does one balance reading a high volumes of books per month with a full time job and a social life?
>>
Schedule
>>
>>7500556
Im pretty decent at time management but holy shit is my time going to be limited now
>>
>reading
>working
>socializing

pick two
>>
>>7500591
more like pick one
:(
>>
What's the job?
>>
>>7500598
system operations at a bank
>>
>>7500621
lol how did u get such a boring job? hows that whole "stem" thing working out for ya?
>>
>>7500631
not STEM at all idiot. I was a political science major. Laugh all you want but Im gonna be making pretty good money for entry level
>>
>>7500643
>I'm gonna make pretty good money!
I've already had sex with probably every woman who will ever have a relationship with you

none of them will disclose their full sexual history to you, involving me, chad, and all the other members of the football team

but when you do cuck up and decide to marry one anyway, she'll divorce you inside of ten years and take 3/4ths of that "good money" anyway.

quit while you're ahead.
just close the garage, turn the car on, roll down the windows, and drift to sleep.
>>
>>7500653
>thinking I care at all about sex
>thinking women and sex are important in the grand scheme of life

talk to me when you graduate highschool
>>
>>7500657
>thinking you can honestly unhook yourself from your biological imperatives
>"I-I-I kn-know what I'll d-do! I'll just pretend I n-never wanted those th-things in the first place!"

imagine dying alone

all it takes is a slip in the bathtub, or a slight trip and a strike against a sharp corner

they won't find you for weeks, until the neighbors complain about the smell.
>>
>>7500555
>>7500563

Tell us your daily schedule. It really can't be that bad.
>>
>>7500673
Get up at 7
Go to work at 8
leave work at 4:30-5
Go to the gym from 6-7 or 8 depending on day
Go to sleep at 11

But right now I just sit and read from like 9 in the morning to 1 at night
>>
>>7500657
>not fucking pussy
The best authors had the best game.

Donne for life.
>>
>>7500667
Sex is intended ONLY for procreation, not for pleasure
>>
Take time off that you get before they force you to. I had to take like 6 days off this month because it wouldn't roll over. Ive been able to get business done, drink coffee, read, and finish DS9. Thanks christmas.

But no, 40 hours a week is the mind killer. Its fucking awful. You can't do shit. Youre working all the time during business hours. Its insane. People want to hang out, but you dont wanna be hung over for work the next fucking day. Jesus fucking christ its awful. Being an adult out of college sucks ass.
>>
Well you're obviously not going to read as much as you do now, that's just natural. Try to read at work if you can, some books can really benefit from slower and more careful reading
>>
>>7500667
He wouldn't care about it since he would be dead
>>
>>7500693
what Ive heard. Also I feel like reading after working all day would be terrible. All I will want to do is turn my brain off and watch tv
>>
>>7500684
so just waste less time shitposting and masturbating, also you don't really need to spend 3 fucking hours at the gym, you can skip the queer pilates class
>>
>>7500555
Pack a lunch, read during your lunch break. I assume you don't have a kid, right after work go home and read. I'm married, with a full time job, with a kid, and I am still in school. I still read.
>>
>>7500704
Sure thing fatbody.I play pick up basketball. Its fun and the time just melts away
>>
>>7500684

So that's 4-5 hours of free time. Congradulations, that's pretty normal for the average working person.

And that's not counting the time you can spend reading during breaks at work, or during your daily commune or even while working out (audiobooks).
>>
>all these people who obviously don't work full time giving advice

your life is about to become a lot busier. If you eventually pull down a gf kiss any sort of alone activities(including reading) goodbye
>>
>>7500703
IT IS. YOU CAN ONLY GET THINGS DONE IF YOU DONT SLEEP. BUT YOU CANT READ BECAUSE YOU FALL ASLEEP.
>>
>>7500711
>playing niggerball
>thinking throwing a ball through a hoop like a trained seal at disney world is somehow better than shitposting

ah haha that's so fucking gay bro, i mean if you're into bbc that's your shitty taste, but at least if u studied something manly like mma you might meet some chicks
>>
File: 1437971201479.jpg (138 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1437971201479.jpg
138 KB, 693x693
>>7500731
This is your typical mma fan
>>
>>7500738
>grown men playing high school sports

dude, you can play "pick-up basketball" until you're 80, it's not going to change your high school life from nerd to jock...why don't you just move on
>>
>>7500746
I actually wrestled for a bit in high school. Was probably the gayest experiences of my life. Just like mma is the gayest sport, no, activity on earth
>>
>>7500693
>C****mas

Im actually a muslim and this word is incredibly offensive to me. You will be reported
>>
>>7500731
>>7500667
>>7500653
All round 2/10 shitposts tbqh family
>>
I eat lunch quick on my break, that gives me 45 minutes to read. I can read about one 200 page book per month just on my lunch break time. But I like to go for walks when the weather is nice, so the reading rate is slower most of the year.
>>
>>7500755
>tfw you will never have a wrestler's spandexed crotch in your face
; ;
>>
>>7500631
Handful of posts and already some faggot has to restart this argument. Good job
>>
>>7500667
Grrrrr...
*unsheathes katana*
>>
>>7500667
>thinking you can honestly unhook yourself from your biological imperatives

I was able to do that, just as sexual urges come they go off. We have the genetic capacity to turn that fire off...

I am considering to become a monk for life in few years without any form of contact with society, television, internet just books on the subject of orthodoxy, the night sky, prayers and observing my own mind.
>>
I'm a fund manager. I have to get up at 5:30 to get to work at 8:00, because I don't drive. It gives me five hours a day of commuting to read. Do not accept a car if they offer you one. Five working days, plus the week-end, I read almost 35 hours a week and don't have to give up the “social life”. I never take a book with me in the office and always socialize during the breaks and lunchtime. I also have 30 days off per year in addition to overtime which is either converted into day off or paid hours (never do it, you'll get taxed as hell on them if you're single). I even have enough time to practice boxing in my company underground gym during the lunchtime.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.