[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Merry Christmas to you all What will you be reading over the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1429298316418.png (269 KB, 567x960) Image search: [Google]
1429298316418.png
269 KB, 567x960
Merry Christmas to you all

What will you be reading over the holidays /lit/?

Did you find that comfy tome to occupy yourself with?

Just a reminder to spend your holiday reading instead of shitposting.

You could be reading right now
>>
>>7497110

comfy japanese lit

finally got to starting with soseki and kawabata
>>
File: The-road.jpg (8 KB, 299x497) Image search: [Google]
The-road.jpg
8 KB, 299x497
>Shopping carts: a memoir
>>
>mfw my family got me all of Stefan Zweig's collected works
we're gonna reach central European comfiness levels boys
>>
War and Peace :)

also probably Odyssey
>>
Poetic Edda and Prose Edda
>>
>>7497139
your family sounds absolutely based, enjoy some of the comfiest reading around.

>>7497152
>tfw reading Anna Karenina on a crisp December morning with espresso and cigarette in hand

Tolstoy knew
>>
>>7497254
>>tfw reading Anna Karenina on a crisp December morning with espresso and cigarette in hand
>Tolstoy knew

The best
>>
Im cozily cruising through Augustus and rereading the Aeneid, and, eventually, tackling Death of Virgil, red wine and fireplace at my side
>>
Just finished the Neuromancer, heard the new Gibson was pretty good as well so might pick that up.

Besides that going to work through Lolita and the Odyssey as well.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (45 KB, 650x614) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
45 KB, 650x614
Finish off Thucydides and probably Finish the rest of the Plato dialogues i need to read.

Might go for a Japanese read like this guy >>7497118

Japanese literature is so comfy
>>
gonna finish up A Schoolboy's Diary by Robert Walser and The Satanic Verses by Rushdie then reread some Kawabata books with plenty of tea

the weather here in San Antonio is unfortunately sweltering though. currently 84 fahrenheit or ~29 celsius and not much colder during the night. oh well

merry christmas, /lit/!
>>
>>7497528
Nice, gonna finish Midnight's Children this month eventually
>>
Reading Mason & Dixon this holiday season.

It's pretty comfy.
>>
Soumission
Pen short story anthology
Christopher Hitchens' bottom-barrel essays
Edge 100 best modern videogames
Chekhov, all the ss's
>>
File: 1450319498845.jpg (36 KB, 185x241) Image search: [Google]
1450319498845.jpg
36 KB, 185x241
About to go on a bike ride in hopes of improving my shitty sleep quality. Feel lethargic and fatigued as hell. Don't know what the deal is there. Maybe I'm not eating enough. Going to listen to Botanist's VI: Flora.

Anyway, Stoner came in the mail today. Started reading the epub version and decided to wait. Too good to not read the physical book. Seems pretty comfy from what I read.

>mfw living in Houston and it's literally 79° right now
>>
>>7497648
>mfw in nyc and it's going to rain all week and it's going to be 72 tomorrow

i'm comfy but my head is getting groggy from lounging around in bed all day
>>
>>7497652
>>7497648
>tfw I'm Canadian and it's 66° outside right now

Global warming is a myth r-right guys?
>>
>tfw snug in a toasty Irish Christmas afternoon reading Shakespeare and envisioning it as if I were to direct it as I go along through the pages
is there a sweeter comfiness? I think not
>>
File: dfw8.png (322 KB, 392x432) Image search: [Google]
dfw8.png
322 KB, 392x432
>been listening to asmr hairdryer noises and reading a hardback copy of the plague I bought for 1£ for the last five hours
>now everything sounds like hairdryers
>fucking hairdryers ruin everything
>>
>>7497661
All I know is that our fossil fuel usage is analogous to an edgy teenager smoking cigarettes to be cool then realizing X years later that he fucked his lungs up
>>
>>7497712
Did you have to wait around a lot for your mom to finish hair drying when you were little?
>>
I am currently reading through The History of the World by Roberts, before continuing the Greek stuff I picked up for Christmas.
>>
>>7497728
Yes, I also had one of those electric furnaces that would blow hot air at you. I used to read for hours in front of that.
>>
>>7497741
fireplaces*
>>
>>7497741
hell yeah bro! my parents house had those! i'd wrap up in one of those fucking "afghan" blankets and sit on top of it and read dungeons and dragons manuals or some kind of other gay shit, soo fucking comfy god damn i almost forgot such a sweet childhood pleasure
>>
You can buy a portable one that you just plug into the wall and it blows (semi) hot air at you and makes fucking amazing noises. They only cost around 20£ and are comfy as hell. Mine overheated and broke like a hear ago though :(
>>
Ill be reading Fathers and Sons when I'm not studying algorithms for my Google interview.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.