[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the "Delirium" chapter, where Mitya spends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Just finished the "Delirium" chapter, where Mitya spends all of his money treating everyone in the inn to an "orgy" of a feast, which ends with him being accused and arrested. Although I've been completely captivated and awed the entire way through, this was the moment where I decided that this may be one of the handful of truly top-tier books in history (although I've only read so many). Anyone else have a similar or different experience?
>>
>reading
JUST
>>
Just wait untill you get to " The Devil" chapter
>>
>>7496995
>anyone on /lit reads
>>
>>7497363
after recently suffering from paranoid delirium driven hallucinations I re-read this chapter and it really struck a nerve
>>
>>7496990

I was also blown away by that chapter. I think I even preferred it to the vaunted philosophical chapters.

I've always been fond of party scenes in literature though. Maybe it has something to do with the sensory overload, the blur of social interactions, but parties seem to be fertile ground for great prose.
>>
>>7497363

so fucking good.
>>
>>7498641
>party scenes good

Agreed. I love writing them too. I'll shave vague ass party scene drugged up nonsense into anything.
>>
Why has The Brothers Meme suddenly popped up around /lit/?
>>
>>7499162
What's wrong with it? I'm currently reading it I'm about 150 paves in and it seems really good so far
>>
>>7499171
It's the best book I've ever read. Enjoy it.
>>
>>7499171
seriously nothing. Don't listen to the cancerous /tv/ cross posters. One of the best books Ive read and look forward to rereading desu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.