[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Man represents no progress over the animal: the civilized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Hippo_at_dawn.jpg (524 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hippo_at_dawn.jpg
524 KB, 1600x1200
>Man represents no progress over the animal: the civilized tenderfoot is
an abortion compared to the Arab and Corsican; the Chinese is a more
successful type, namely more durable, than the European.

Taken from The Will to Power. What did Nietzsche mean when he said this?
>>
>>7495189
He meant hippos are the master race.
>>
File: nit.jpg (154 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
nit.jpg
154 KB, 1252x1252
He was being ironic, as man represents progress in the form of well groomed facial hair. Those in the animal kingdom do not have access to shaving, this is why Nietzsche would shave, but kept a mustache. This was his his physical manifestation of self actualization.
>>
>>7495199
Kant tell if memeing
>>
>>7495189
>the Chinese is a more successful type, namely more durable, than the European.

kek why do white nationalists like this guy so much?
>>
bumpo for le hippo
>>
>>7495189
Can't help you, though you have to keep in mind that The will to power isn't a Nietzsche's book sensu stricto
>>
>>7495189
He means that whitey is a bitch that will lead to his own demise.

And he's completely right, as we are witnessing in the world today.

Meanwhile the Chinese are literally engineering the Übermensch.
>>
>>7495659
But the chinese are plagued with superstition and smog.
>>
>>7495486
I thought even Kaufman claimed it was authentic
>>
>>7495766
What does not kill them makes them stronger.
>>
>>7495805
Don't know about Kaufmann, but I think most of people working on Nietzsche agree on the fact this is more or less the work of his sister, taking aphorisms in the order she wanted, sometimes deleting, etc.
I hate doing that, but if you have some time go read the wikipedia article about The will to power, it is quite well summarized
>>
>>7495189
Growing up to fit a niche in a sufficiently peaceful and ordered society separates one from his potential will to power, and replaced it with a will to something less primal and true.
>>
>>7495843
This, modern Europeans are bonobo tier.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.