[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Dad asked for the martian for christmas. What's a better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 313x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 313x475
My Dad asked for the martian for christmas. What's a better book similar to the martian i can get him instead?
>>
>>7488411
He asked for the martian, get him the martian.
Don't be a pretentious faggot.

If you want to get him another book, fine, but at least get him what he asked for.
>>
It's an alright book, ignore the /lit/ circlejerk. If he wants it give it to him.
>>
>>7488411
Just get him what he bloody wants, smartass.
>>
2001: A Space Odyssey
>>
>>7488411
The Bible.
>>
Journey to the Center of My Ass
>>
>>7488411
just give him the martian, you little shit
>>
>>7488411
Get him the book, but present it with a Christmas card subtly and smugly berating his literary tastes.
>>
>>7488411
Give him a piece of your mind followed by the finger.
>>
Holy fuck I'd be real mad if I specifically asked for something and my neckbeard son got me something he prefers instead
>>
Get him Neuromancer in addition to the Martian. Say "Y-yeah, I thought th-this might be a g-good follow up." It'll show that you were thinking about him and he'll still get the book he wants.

If someone did that for me I would get completely giddy, even though everytime someone has given me a book because "they thought I'd like it" I just feel like now Im obligated to read this shit and tell him I liked it.
>>
Fuck books. Wake him up in the morning with a BJ.
>>
Bad idea, OP. should've asked this before the imgur/reddit holiday invasion.
>>
>>7488505
>I hate all books that aren't at least 100 years old do I fit in yet guys? XD
>>
>>7488513
If you read them, you'd get why they're pushed so hard around here.
>>
Get him the book he's asked for, or he'll be disappointed.

Also buy him Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. It's a much better book, and still has all the hard science to satisfy him if he's into that stuff.
>>
ham on rye
>>
>>7488411
give him the Martian, but take a dump on it before you giftwrap the box.
>>
>>7488505
The Martian us pure shite and everyone who likes it is a Pleb and should an hero but OP should just give his dad what he asked for.
>>
>>7488505
What's the cause of this invasion?
>>
>>7488752
a /lit/ top 100 books chart got a couple hundred thousand upvotes
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.