[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the common vernacular of today might have ruined story telling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
How the common vernacular of today might have ruined story telling of the past

>oedipus reaches the sphinx and hears it's riddle
Says Oedipus, "Oh man..."
>>
If the common vernacular of today was used in stories from the past it wouldn't sound strange because it would be normal.
>>
>>7485030
>it's riddle
>>
File: Holden Pepe.jpg (70 KB, 581x569) Image search: [Google]
Holden Pepe.jpg
70 KB, 581x569
>be me
>be at boarding school
>full of normies
>there's only one girl i've ever met who wasn't a total whore
>my chad roommate just fucked her in the backseat of somebody else's car
>i've had enough
>sleep tight, ya morons
>don't go to pencey preparatory tomorrow
>>
>>7485148
i know this is an ebin meme but autists should probably go to /fit/ if they wanna get laid. /lit/ only makes it worse
>>
>>7485118
Fuck
but more important, fuck you
>>
its not about common vernacular, its about sculpting a good sounding work. No famous translator of their day wrote just to be purely accessible, they wanted it to sound good
>>
>>7485174
We're just here to talk about books. This isn't another advice/turn-your-life-around board.
>>
File: qG6z5.jpg (14 KB, 641x482) Image search: [Google]
qG6z5.jpg
14 KB, 641x482
>>7485030
>Jesus walked on water, and Peter said "Awesome!"
>>
>Abraham prepared his own son for sacrifice, and before he plunged the blade into the boy's chest, he heard the Lord's voice, which said to him, "It's just a prank, bro!"
>>
worst thread of the week desu. don't expect it to get better
>>
>The question is: be fucked or fuck?
>>
>>7485148
At first I thought that was a Dante Pepe and laughed heartily, as the greentext still pretty much works
>>
>"I'm not part of your patriarchal system of control. You think you can oppress me because I'm a woman? YOU THINK I'M WEAK IS THAT IT? RAPE CULTURIST!"
>"N-no, no listen it's just.."
>"You can't tell me what to do, look at these fine curves, I'm ALL REAL WOMAN and more than you can handle white boy. Yeah I ate your stupid apple, what are you going to do about it? Punk ass bitch."
>"Look now, I made it perfectly clea.."
>Adam watched on in horror as Eve continued to interrupt God, "Look at your shaking in your stupid sandals, tuck that beard in, comb that hair back, and listen to some real commandments, maybe you'll learn something."
>Adam had never seen such a strong and independent woman before, he had learned important lesson that day.
>While obviously equal in all respects to men, women should rule, they were made for it.
>In the background Eve was repeating "Huh? Huh?" while opening and closing her hand in front of God's face.
>>
>"Come on, guys. A storm is coming!"
>And Noah entered on the ark.
>>
File: 1445089834588.jpg (93 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1445089834588.jpg
93 KB, 763x652
>>7487824
10/10
>>
>in his long and swag reign, salomon had 1000 bitches
>in his wisdom he knew that
>"you only live once"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.