[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm halfway through this. Guys, what the fuck am I reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: cienanos.gif (92 KB, 487x770) Image search: [Google]
cienanos.gif
92 KB, 487x770
I'm halfway through this.
Guys, what the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>7484598
Try translation
>>
the GOAT
>>
>>7484598
some interesting try at making an epic
not perfect, but it's a good read
>>
>>7484660
heh
>>
>>7484598
The history of Latin América in poetic prose
>>
lotsa buendias, keep going though, the payoff is huge
>>
>>7484771
that's all I wanted to read
>>
>>7484660
>being monolingual
I feel so sorry for you
>>
>>7484598
The book is an inside joke for his friends.
>>
>>7485722
it was a joke you fucking sperg
>>
>>7484598
Es el libro muy buen?
Puedo yo leer le?
Mi espanol es no muy buen, yo puedo solomente leer un libro para ninos.
Asi probablmente no, imagino.
>>
>>7486069
Yeah, I don't think so. But get a pdf version and see it for yourself.
Or get a translation, don't fall for the original text meme.
>>
>>7486082
Alright, I'll probably look for a spanish PDF.

If nothing else hopefully I'd be able to understand around half and only look up other words. It would possibly be a good way to work on my spanish.
>>
Try to find a genealogical tree of the family. If you don't do this, you're lost.
>>
>>7486102
That's bullshit, I read the book without such thing and didn't have any problem.
>>
>>7487184
Me too. The family tree at the beginning of the book is more than sufficient. Besides, Marquez always refers to people by their full names, so you will never confuse José Arcadio Buendia and José Arcadio (his son) or Colonel Aureliano Buendia and Aureliano Segundo.
>>
>>7487203
In my edition there wasn't even a family tree, and yet I could identify all the characters without difficulties, so it isn't that hard.
>>
A meme
>>
A colombian fag here. I see the book as an interpretation of the tragic history of Colombia. War between liberal party and conservative party , banana massacre, poverty , loneliness and the absurdity that you can experiment in this country are themes covered in the novel. With that in mind you can have a better understanding of the work; the only problem is the clarification of the complex genealogical tree.
>>
Is 100 Years of Solitude a good read if I have zero interest in anything Latin America? I just like Magical Realism, but it seems like a work that has pacing problems.
>>
>>7488144
It's very good. The analogy between Colombian or Latin American history just serves as a foundation or conducting thread for the story, but the plot and the writing are engrossing by themselves
>>
>>7488144
Just read it. Stop being a bitch. Get your hand out of your pants and turn your computer off.
>>
>>7484598
Latinoamerican Ulysses
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.