[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
most vivid and radical poetics in english written prose? except
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Joyce_James1.jpg (50 KB, 559x668) Image search: [Google]
Joyce_James1.jpg
50 KB, 559x668
most vivid and radical poetics in english written prose?
except obvious joyce
>>
MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D I A R Y !!!!!!!!!!!!

<_< T B H >_>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>7484253
Infinite Jest.
>>
>>7484275
>Typography makes the substance vivid and radical
ye no
>>
>>7484253

Look for the prose in Shakespeare: is the greatest in english. Yes, most of what he wrote was in blank verse, but among it (and also among the songs and rhymed verse) there is also a lot of prose.
>>
>>7484253
Kathy Acker
>>
Na.Bo.Kov.
>>
>>7484478
I heard about Acker ( even read a bit in translation ) as well of New Narrative movement.
And i guess, i can count Language poetry too.
But beside this and already mentioned Joyce ( and other modernist writers such as Gertrude Stein and V. Woolf )
is there anything else?
>>
>>7484548
One can 'turn on' poetic language at will is George Eliot - something like the river scene in Mill&The Floss is incredible for sustained imagery and mood. Not 'radical', but it's hard to get that outside modernism.
>>
I don't even know if this counts as a poem, technically, but it's pretty rad.

"There is a misery of the body and a misery of the mind, and if the stars, whenever we looked at them, poured nectar into our mouths, and the grass became bread, we would still be sad. We live in a system that manufactures sorrow, spilling it out of its mill, the waters of sorrow, ocean, storm, and we drown down, dead, too soon.

. . . uprising is the reversal of the system, and revolution is the turning of tides."

-- Julian Beck, The Life of the Theatre
>>
>>7484526
But he is mediocre
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.