[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I give a girl a book to read >she doesn't read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 157x132) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 157x132
>tfw I give a girl a book to read
>she doesn't read it

Do I need to give them shorter books or something, or do they need to have a female protagonist?
>>
if it isn't a romance book or a cookbook they won't be interested. Just ask her to come over for netflix and chill
>>
>>7479792
>netflix and

Sorry, but I'm not a mouth-drooling consumer that needs to watch television with a girl in order to get laid, pussy
>>
>he interacts with people irl
>>
>>7479785
Pretty normal, unless they explicitly asked for the book they probably won't read it.

My friend and I bounce tons of songs off each other and we listen to maybe 5% of what we send each other.
>>
>>7479800
But it's the thought that counts, right, senpai?
>>
>>7479796
yeah I'm sure you're a real special snowflake who gets tons of girls wet by giving them books they don't read and asking advice on a laosian cat milking board.

beside you don't actually watch netflix it's just an expression. as soon as they get in the door they know whats coming, no point wasting time might as well fuck her in the precipice.
>>
>>7479785
Stop being a hoity toity asshole trying to give books to people to show how patrician you are or educate them or some bullshit. If people want to read, they'll read, if they want your recommendations, they'll ask. Giving people unsolicited books to read is cringeworthy
>>
>>7479808
>But s-she told me she w-would read it?

But hey, at least I gave her, the girl I'm madly in love with, something, which is more than most anons can say.

>browse the literature section of a Thai ladyboi online emporium and chill?
>>
>>7479818
Please refrain from bullying me
>>
>>7479824
Go back in time and give your mother an abortion ;)
>>
>>7479800

Nothing truer than this. Me and my friend have devised like a system of song listening debt.

"Here listen to this"

"Only if you listen to that song I sent you last week that I know you did not listen to"

It works.
>>
>>7479820
Do you understand her taste in media at all our did you get her shit only you would read?
>>
>>7479858
Yeah, I pretty much follow her on most social media stuff and have talked to her many times before, even about literature. I actually went with a pop-lit book that most people would enjoy reading-- it was a safe bet.
>>
>>7479849
>implying I don't already wish I could
>>
>tfw my Dad is deeply depressed man which largely stems from his perception of himself as being small or inadequate
>really want to give him Stoner to read because it helped me with those same issues
>don't want him to know I know how he sees himself

feg
>>
>>7479872
Your dad sounds like he's got a small cock
>>
>>7479855
>>>/read/
>>
>>7479882

Well I do so he probably does
>>
>>7479785
5 0 S H A D E S
S
H
A
D
E
S
or Jane Austen
>>
>I'm a lit major at university
>good friend who is a girl is also a lit major
>earlier in the day I mentioned Dostoevsky (conversation naturally developed to that. I did not just spill my spaghetti and try and show off by name dropping)
>she hasn't read him
>about a month ago she and I talked at lunch about religion
>I am Catholic, she is trying to figure it out
>she is questioning if there is a god or not and if there js what his purpose is
>saw Brothers Karamazov on my shelf earlier tonight
>remembered these two conversations
>go up to her
>"hey, in case you get bored over winter break, you can borrow this. I really enjoyed it and thought you might appreciate it"
>"what's it about"
>explain it and why I thought she would appreciate it
>"Thanks anon, it sounds interesting. I can give it a shot"
>"as a heads up, it might be slow in the beginning. It gets better. But, hey, if you end up not enjoying it don't feel pressured to finish it. It's not a big deal, just something I wanted to share if you wanted to try it. If you do like it, no pressure to give it back anytime soon. It's long and you can take your time"
>then we play pool and chat about life.

So, /lit/, how did I handle that? She is a good friend, I'm not trying to sleep with her, she likes literature, would identify with the novel and might get some insight from it, and I gave her an out if she doesn't want to put the time into it.
>>
>>7480383
Way too many quantifiers. Let me tell you what people want, they want sensation.

Five minutes of your cock probing the back of her throat is more engaging than a lifetime of meandering conversations about your interpretations of what some other losers wrote a century or more ago. Primal raw emotion, carnal love, seduction physical and immediate, excitement in the buildup, fulfillment in release. Then as you age you want the same things as before with stability and forgiveness tacked onto the end in small print. Know that you are closer to God or understanding or enlightenment or freedom or whatever your drug of choice is when you share the moment of ejaculation with another ejaculating human being. There is no higher plane of experience or existence. You are a base and lowly thing, no more.
>>
File: Patrick Baitman.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
Patrick Baitman.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>7479792
>Just ask her to come over for netflix and chill
>>
>>7480415
>some faggot thinking sex is the best thing ever or even remotely transcendental

fuck off, I bet you haven't even smoked weed, let alone done shrooms or LSD. And you definitely haven't ever been roused into a sex-denying or self mutilating religious fervor so strong as to permanently forsake sex.

I suppose you're probably just some /r9k/ pleb raised on hollywood bullshit with no real knowledge of what sublime sensation really is, this IS the thread for you sort after all.
>>
>>7480415
>>7480433
This is embarrassing, lads.
>>
>>7480437
You're embarassing, lad
>>
>>7480383
The disclaimer was overly apologetic and kind of condescending, and if a fucking lit major can't muster up the motivation to read Dostoevsky then the education system truly is fucked.
>>
My gf literally asked me not to give her a book for Christmas so I'm just going to get her some piece of shit scarf instead. Bitch.
>>
File: 1341213348539.png (122 KB, 229x274) Image search: [Google]
1341213348539.png
122 KB, 229x274
>>7480415
>>
>>7479820
yeah you're really special for expressing your affection for a female with material goods

some revolutionary shit anon
>>
>>7479820
>But hey, at least I gave her, the girl I'm madly in love with, something, which is more than most anons can say.

A heartbreaking insight into the tragic life of a beta male.
>>
>>7479872
Give him a christmas present without a Sender's tag. Suggest that his coworkers or something sent him the book.
>>
>carry a 23" CRT by hand across 60-minute commute in winter, with N64 and games in backpack, to give to girlfriend at her dorm
>she plays 40 minutes of OoT the entire year

I AM THE BIGGEST KEK ON THE FACE OF THIS GAY EARTH
>>
>>7480478
>implying girls aren't innately materialistic and enjoy receiving gifts

What's it like never having talked to a girl before?
>>
>>7479796
>Mouth-drooling

Bit redundan, you big pseud.
>>
>>7480536
who cares what they enjoy?

I'll answer that, beta orbiter virginss and fags
>>
File: UR1AWlY.jpg (10 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
UR1AWlY.jpg
10 KB, 441x408
>giving a female anything
>ever

cuck
>>
>>7479824
stop doing dumb shit
>>
>>7480446
give her nothing, if she asks say your gift for her is "moral superiority"
>>
File: 1441500802359.png (192 KB, 481x347) Image search: [Google]
1441500802359.png
192 KB, 481x347
>>7481187
this 2bh
but what do you expect from the fucking literature board.
>>
>>7479820

>madly in love

Not even once.
>>
>>7481293
I just lended "To kill a mockingbird" to a girl, I'm sure she'll never finish it
>>
>>7479800
>>7479855
Do you not respect your friends musical taste? Wtf is the point in recommending anything if not for expanding taste
>>
>implying it's a gender thing

My brother lent me Timequake and I haven't even opened it. IMO, gifting books is much better than lending them.
>>
For her birthday I gifted a friend Mrs. Dalloway, with a handwritten note inside saying why I loved the novel so much. She said it was the best gift she'd ever got...then tried to read it and couldn't get past the first page lmao.

That kinda sperged me out and damaged our friendship.
>>
>>7481486
>being this beta

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>7479785
Been doing this with my wife for years. Its worthless, people (not just women) who read shit will never change.
>>
>>7479785
I came back to /lit/ after a year or two, damn it's gotten pretty shitty in here based on this thread as a whole.
>>
>>7479785
It would help if you were likable.
>>
>>7482662
Thanks, m8
>>
>>7479808
*Laotian
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.