[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Shelley was, by some distance, the greatest Romantic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1970x2725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1970x2725
Reminder that Shelley was, by some distance, the greatest Romantic poet.
>>
>>7479013
And a fugging beast in bed.
>>
agreed desu
Was just reading Orpheus, one of his lesser-known fragments:

It is the wandering voice of Orpheus' lyre,
Borne by the winds, who sigh that their rude king
Hurries them fast from these air-feeding notes;
But in their speed they bear along with them
The waning sound, scattering it like dew
Upon the startled sense.

If he (and Keats too) hadn't died so young his achievements would have pissed all over Shakespeare.
>>
>>7479037
source?
>>
>>7479037
i bet he was a fabulous bottom.
>>
muh ramases II

see a world in a grain of sand nigga
>>
>>7479013
>not Keats
>>
>>7479227
This

Shelley himself would agree too.

>tfw Shelley will never write a poem in memory of you
>>
>>7479254
Shelley thought Byron was a better poet, so his judgement was kinda suspect in that matter.
>>
>>7479258
I'll give you that butnindont think Keats > Shelley is an outlandish notion.
>>
>>7479038
>If he (and Keats too) hadn't died so young his achievements would have pissed all over Shakespeare
Okay pal kek
>>
>>7479285
m8 if Shakespeare had died at the age of 29 all we would have from him is shit like Titus Andronicus and the Henry VI trilogy. Keats was already spitting out the greatest lyric poems in English at the fuckin age of 23.
>>
They're all great, but I feel like Blake was the most original
>>
>>7480167
Gr8 b8
>>
>>7480167
>>7480181
Too bad the book kind of sucked
>>
>>7480183
This. Everyone knows that, "muh sci-fi" and "muh women" aside, Frankenstein is completely overrated.
Tbqh, A Vindication of The Rights of Women was pretty dire too.
>>
>>7480313
What are you talking about?
>>
>>7480313
I don't watch cinema, but Frankenstein could have been a good ghost story if Wollstonecraft was able to write.
>>
>>7480313
?? No one calls her by her mother's last name lol
>>
>>7480328
meant to be to >>7480322
>>
>>7480328
>>7480330
I resent the tarnishing of the Shelley name that her work is responsible for.
>>
>>7480338
I wouldn't say that Renaissance artists found inspiration in ancient cave paintings, or that Orson Welles or whoever was particularly interested in Roundhay Garden Scene. And anyway, people don't like Frankenstein because it's "groundbreaking" (it really isn't, all it really had were some ideas that became annoying archetypes in pop media), but because they think it tells an interesting story (which it sort of does)
>>
File: 1364609995508.jpg (15 KB, 460x326) Image search: [Google]
1364609995508.jpg
15 KB, 460x326
>Keats > Blake > Coleridge > Wordsworth > Shelley > Byron
>>
>>7479013
Coleridge, you mean?
>>7479108
>see a world in a grain of sand nigga
that is Blake, you retard
>>7480379
Coleridge>Blake>Keats>Shelley=Wordsworth>Southey>>>Byron
>>
>>7480389

Coleridge is to inconsistent to be #1, and the ballads are just cheesy. His late stuff is goat though.
>>
>>7480416
Coleridge has the best meter switches. He's inconsistent because he was experimenting and making new forms at a rate that wouldn't be seen again til the Modernists.
>>7480389
You're alright, man: the rest of these cunts need a boating accident.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.