[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Is this true?
>>
>>7476905
Untrue. Yesterday I read my grandfather's obituary and it gave me a great deal of stress
>>
>>7476905
Reading takes full attention and concentration. Music and walking don't.

So it would make sense that immersing yourself in a book murders more of the ruminations, fears, anxieties, and insecurities that fuel stress.
>>
>>7476905
No. That is at best a very incomplete statement. Balance and so on.
>>
My stress reduces by at most 59% when reading a book. Out of seven people in my family, none can relax more than 66% while reading.
>>
My stress reduces by at most 59% when reading a book. Out of seven people in my family, none can relax more than 66% while reading. My retard brother alone is always relaxed 100% so placing a book in front of him puts him in a meditative coma.
>>
>>7476905
Anything with "Researchers have found" is bullshit.
>>
Ok so first I start seeing frequent references to Frankenstein about the time I assign it to one of my English classes, never saw references to it before. Now OPs image when I just assigned an essay where one of the passages it was based on discussed how reading reduces stress levels by 68%, better than music, going for a walk, etc. I swear at least one of my students has to be a /lit/izen.
>>
whats with these number games that researchers play?
>>
>>7476969
What if researchers have found that "Researchers have found is bullshit" is bullshit?
>>
>>7477015
Your senses are selective. Know that situation where you think a word and suddenly the tv spouts that very word, and you are wondering if the tv is spying on you and the space lizards are reading yoir mind? Well you think hundreds of thousands of words every day and hear just as many, at one point they will overlap.

I remember how I was really into dinosaurs back in the day and suddenly I started seeing them everywhere. I thought there were suddenly more dinosaur related things in my environment but really I just started noticing them more.

Or when I discovered masturbation, and suddenly - BOOM - tits everywhere!
>>
File: evangelion.jpg (95 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
evangelion.jpg
95 KB, 500x358
Reading is escapism, since there's so many books you can be out of reality for a long time.

It's escapism, it's not healthy.
>>
File: 1448674959825.png (503 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1448674959825.png
503 KB, 500x667
>>7477015
yer class sux teacher i hate u
>>
File: kaworu3.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kaworu3.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>7477567
If you escape from your fantasies into reality, isn't that escapism still?
>>
>>7477616
Impossible. The only students who dislike me are the ones in my intensive reading class who only bother coming to school to pursue pussy and see any attempt by a teacher to have any interaction with them as an intrusion on that pursuit. And none of them would be on 4chan, much less /lit/ of all boards.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.